Odd glasses-fogging phenomenon: can anyone explain?

The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is use the bathroom, taking my glasses with me. After I wash my hands, I splash water against my face and rub with my hands. Then, I go to my towel and give my face a brisk drying. Then I put on my glasses.

Lately I’ve noticed that when I do, my right lens partially or completely fogs up. Never my left, my right. I’m at a loss to explain this. Can anyone help?

(Extra info: one of my eyes is worse than the other, but I forget which, and I can’t make sense of my prescription to determine. Both lenses are made with some sort of process that makes them thinner and lighter than they would made straight-out; again, I forget what it is.)

Where do you keep your glasses at night, and is it always in the same orientation? Is it possible that one side gets colder than the other?

I’ve also seent this. I finally figured out that because one of my lenses is thicker than the other, it is slower to warm up. Thus, it fogs more consistently and for a longer time that the other lens.

FWIW, when reading your prescription, (assuming it’s for distance) the one with the LOWER number (remember, they are negative numbers, so the one with the highest absolute value) is the worse eye. If one eye is -2.00 and one is -2.75 then -2.75 is worse. For close up, I don’t know, but I would guess the higher number is worse (+1 worse then +0.50), but I don’t know for sure.
What do you clean your glasses with and is the ENTIRE lens fogging up or is there some sore of streaking in it? I just wonder if maybe you rubbed off an anti-glare coating? If it’s only been happening lately I wouldn’t think it has anything to do with the thickness of them. Also, why do they fog up just from putting them on I’ve never seen that happen with mine.

They fog up because of the water left on the face after it is washed and briskly dried. The same thing happens to my glasses after I wash my face or step out of the shower or whatever, unless I very thoroughly dry my face before putting them on.