Of the Big Four American chocolate candy companies, which is your favorite?

ISTM there are four of 'em:

Poll on the way.

Hershey’s - The makers of Kit Kats, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Payday Bar, Hershey’s Kisses, York Peppermint Patty, and, of course, the iconic Hershey Bar (Cadbury would also fall under the Hershey’s umbrella).

Mars, Inc. - Makers of Snickers, Milky Way, Three Musketeers, and M&Ms.

Nestlé - Manufacturers of the Nestlé Crunch Bar, Butterfinger, 100 Grand, and Baby Ruth Bar.

Dove - Makers of, uh, the Dove Bar. And stuff.

So, judging by the aggregate of confections that each company produces, which company is your favorite?

This is a tough one for me. I was all set to go with Nestlé (Butterfinger? Baby Ruth? 100 Grand? Yes, please!) But then I realized that Hershey is responsible for churning out my beloved Payday candy bars, and nothing, I do mean NOTHING in this world beats a Payday. So, I had to throw my considerable weight behind the Hershey Company.

Psst, Nestlé ain’t American. It’s Swiss.

Nestle is really good but Hershey’s has just got a greater volume of chocolatey treats that I enjoy.

For me it would be a tie between Mars and Hershey.

I don’t think I like much of anything Nestle has and I have no experience with Dove, that I am aware of anyway.

…though I have to say, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are food of the gods. All I can think is, how much nicer would they be if they used real chocolate?

Well, I’ll be gol’damned. :smack: The new things one learns every day!

And Dove isn’t a company, it’s brand made by Mars. You are now down to two American chocolate *companies *on your list.:slight_smile:

ETA: Ninja’d by jjimm, damn these slow Sunday morning fingers!

Okay, okay. Forget the “American company” part of the poll. Pretend that it never was there to begin with. Take the choices as stated, as they’re pretty much the most common sources of chocolate-y candy bar confections in the U.S.

And sorry for the inadvertent misinformation.

Oh, yeah. And forget Dove as a company. In fact, fuck them!:smiley:

^ I somehow deleted my post saying that Dove chocolate is part of Mars.

And Mars of course started in England.

wankers

I love that basic, simple, tasty Hershey Bar.

I’m 260 lbs, guess why.

I rarely eat chocolate as a candy, but for many cooking applications I like Valrhona. Site has annoying music, sorry:(

I also don’t eat chocolate candy very often, but when I do, I tend to have Twix, M&Ms, 3 Musketeers, or Snickers.

I see now that all of these are made by Mars, so I’ll go with them.

I hardly ever eat candy anymore. I have tried to take real sugar out of my diet.

But Hersheys probably has more candy bars that I would want to eat.

Dove has some amazing sugar-free (but not low calorie) peanut butter creme candy. I have some of those when I am jonesing really bad for chocolate.

The Mars Confectionery was founded in America, and remains American; perhaps you’re thinking of their Mars Bar, which indeed was introduced first in England?

The best candy on Earth comes from Mars.

M&Ms, Snickers, Milky Way, Milky Way Midnight, and Three Musketeers are unbeatable. Mars also makes Dove, so the votes need to be combined. It’s also the parent company of Wrigley these days.

Hershey’s has Reese’s and Special Dark, but not much else; their milk chocolate has a sour aftertaste that makes it inferior.

Hershey’s tastes rancid to me. Mars, except for Dove, seems waxy. Waxy is OK if there’s stuff in the bar.
I don’t like stuff in my chocolate (almond or coconut excepted).

Mars for M&Ms and Milky Way Midnight.

If Nestlé is allowed, so is Godiva. All the others pale in comparison.

Hershey’s, but only because that’s team Cadbury. :smiley: