Official: CIA Must Fight Mean And Dirty

erislover, I understand your analogy, but this takes several readings before it enters my brain and stays there. :slight_smile:

You may call me foolish, although this has already been done, and more than once if I am honest, but it remains unclear to me as to what actions by the CIA, or its recruited spies mentioned by dude, will the US government not sanction in the fight against terrorism.

The US is standing on moral high ground as we speak. It concerns me that no actions are taken which topple the US, and other Western nations and their intelligence communities, from this position, resulting in a perception that we are no better than terrorists.

We do not wish to find ourselves in a situation in which we can only say ‘Well, you started it’.

Consider this. If, for example, Osama bin Laden and a group of known terrorists were known to be hanging out in a well-populated public building in say, Karachi, and there was no way to get them out, would the CIA blow up this building and arrange for some other, unspecified organisation to take the rap?

Would we? It is possible we may, but if we knew he was in a restaraut, I think we could risk one man walking up to him and shooting him, no?

Besides, if he only stopped in to catch his face on the news, he’d be done with his grande latte before the missle we launched got there :wink:

Of course, I was using restaraunt as an example of a “public building.” In any public building we should be able to get a guy on the inside, no?

In theory yes, we should be able to take them out.

Bad example by yours truly there.

OK. I am going to consider this matter carefully. I will think of a scenario which is complex in the extreme, where the choices are for the CIA, or whoever, to cause the deaths of a large number of innocent people in apprehending the Bad Guys, or to walk away empty handed.

Naturally, my interest is strictly theoretical.

If I do not post to this thread again, you may contact me at Langley, Va., or at MI6, or Mossad, or Interpol, or what used to be the Stasi, or wherever I can sell my BrainPower.

Of course, I am a Good Guy myself, so I must learn to think like a Bad Guy first.

See you in a couple of years. :slight_smile:

I was wondering . . . how would the CIA handlers be able to tell if their bad guy informers were telling the truth, or if they were being played? These down and dirty informers could just be playing both sides against each other, seeing how much cash they can get out of each side. Just a thought.

The important thing to know about informers is thay their agenda usually consists of living, and working for the highest bidder. We’re not talking about the most scrupulous people here. Sure they are going to try to play both sides. You just “make them an offer they can’t refuse.”

I think the CIA has a few more resources available for such an effort over any terrorist network. Also, now that we have the aid of Putin-- former KGB guy-- he’s going to have a network of turncoats and spies working within the drug-runners.

This article is appropriate. (requires registration, but free)

Get em drunk, slip in some drugs into the drinks… truth drugs do exist.

For a less traceable method, hypnosis is good… bit of booze, nice looking lady…ooo… dishing the dirt because I read a book by a CIA case officer.