Iowa:

Sanders (22)
Biden
Buttigieg

NH:

Sanders (29)
Biden
Buttigieg

Then Warren drops out and endorses Sanders, game over. In a perfect world Mayor Pete hangs around until Super Tuesday to divide the moderate vote and give Bernie an insurmountable delegate lead.

Iowa:

Biden 23%
Warren
Sanders

New Hampshire:

Sanders 20%
Biden
Buttigieg

I declare myself the winner of Iowa! :cool:

So shall we all!

If this had happened in the foreign country the State Department would have issued “statements of concern” and there would have been lengthy pieces in NYT and CNN.com opinion section on how this illustrates the dysfunctional state of Country X.

Exactly

Iowa

Sanders (26%)
Buttigieg
Biden
New Hampshire
Sanders (30%)
Biden
Buttigieg

Yes, we should have, but we didn’t. And now it looks likely that the raw vote totals could produce one winner (Sanders) and the SDE count another (Buttigieg).

Halftime scores:

In the world where we say Buttigieg won:

Hari 1, asahi 1, everyone else 0

In the world where we say Sanders won:

pjacks 2, UltraV 1, Squid 1, Oak 1, TF 1, everyone else 0

My personal suggestion would be to give everyone credit for picking either Bernie or Pete first or second, so pjacks 2, 6 others 1.

I think pjacks can probably start warming up his basking muscles. Seems highly likely that the NH finish will be Sanders-Buttigieg-Warren or maybe Biden. That would give two points to the four players, including pjacks, who picked Sanders-BIDEN-Warren. Hari and pjacks would be tied at 3 if it’s Sanders-Buttigieg-Biden. Oakminster and I would be tied for the lead if Biden rallies to finish second between Bernie and Pete. Asahi and Hari would need Buttigieg to fall out of the top three to have a shot.

Of course, all that assumes that J. Chance takes my suggestion about how to interpret the Iowa results.

I’m fine with taking this as a defeat. My own personal opinion is that Sanders won the race, except for a quirk and a totally botched caucus. I had actually thought more than once about switching my IA prediction to Sanders and just never got around to doing it.

Whatevs…

Hey, we forgot all about this! If I’m figuring correctly looks like Oak is our winner. Happy basking!

(I decided to count Buttigieg as the winner in IA, since he did end up earning more delegates).

Nobody called Buttigieg winning Iowa. Only Pleonast and Hari called Biden not making the top three in even one State. Hari called Klobuchar 3rd, but unfortunately he did it in the wrong State.

Hey, I got distracted, too. Work stuff.

Well done, Oak. Though I dare say we got results that were far outside the predicted outcomes.