I can’t believe I’m whining like this. Tommorrow I have the big “grand opening” of the construction project from hell. It has eaten most of my stomach lining and all of my altruism.
Let’s just say it’s been awful:
- the architect went bizarre
- then the architect died
- every damned structural problem happened
- the bronze “bigwig” placque got lost
- they found it; and the Mayor’s name is misspelled
- the string ensemble got the flu
- the senile major donor is having a snit because he forgot he was invited
- the electricans decided to repair the worst lighting problems 2 hours before the Opening.
I’m a jittering, twitching wreck. Hey, this is Mundane and Pointless, but you folks here have gotten me through some damned dark days.
Really pointless, but wish me luck, okay?