OK 10 Commandments Monument At State Capitol Smashed by Car

Story here. Driver said the devil made him do it. Don’t know if that makes him a rogue Satanist or not. After crashing into the monument he went to the Federal Building, made threats against President Obama and the government. Said he was mentally ill and off his medications.

What I like about the story is the update today which reports that both the ACLU of Oklahoma and the Satanic Temple decry the destruction. The ACLU wants it gotten rid of legally due to obvious Church/State conflict. The Satanic Temple wants their monument to only be erected next to the 10 Commandments one to illustrate a tolerance of diverse views. I like this in particular. I am, however, a heathen, so perhaps you should take my preference with a grain of salt.

The Satanic Temple wants their monument to only be erected next to the 10 Commandments one to illustrate a tolerance of diverse views.

Maybe they could try the “teaching the controversy” angle… and enjoy the show as some heads implode.

Got yer monument all picked out… http://www.deviantart.com/art/Mjollnir-il-martello-di-Thor-292748935

I’ll bet his insurance goes up after that one.

He wanted to do it at the white house but he had to P too bad to drive that far.

That’s … an odd-looking hammer. I guess I’m just going to worship at it though, not pound in plywood sub-flooring. I was always imagining Thor’s hammer to be more, I don’t know, sledgehammery-looking or something. I saw another one similar in appearance in the Wiki on Mjollnir. It was silver-plated.

Comment from another message board:
Pretty impressive to break all 10 commandments on the same day.

Good one. Send that other board a squid!

My karma ran over your dogma?

I see that the Irony Detector is broken at the Satanic Temple.

I’m stealing this one for another board.