OK, mom, it's tasty, but is it fireproof? (flavored cream cheese)

So, I came home from work the other day and found that my mother had gone grocery shopping (she does that sometimes). Among other things, she bought bagels and cream cheese. Plain and…

mango.

“OK, but you can try the mango cream cheese first”, I told her.

Last night, I broke down and tried the mango cream cheese. It was actually good. It was basically soft cream cheese with mango jam blended in. No carcinogenic fibers, no chunks of fruit, it wasn’t overwhelming, just some mild mangoey sweetness.

I’ll add it to the list of strange things mom has brought home from the grocery store that I had to screw up the courage to try, but were actually quite good.

1. Jalapeno jelly
    2)Mango cream cheese
  2. Bring on the tentacled monsters!!!

Mmmmm. Mangoes and mango-flavored other-foods! Yum yum yum yum yum!!!

As for me, my favorites are pumpkin cream cheese and pumpkin (flavored) coffee.

Alas, both are only seasonal. :frowning:

Just so you know, jalapeno jelly and cream cheese on crackers makes a nice little snack. I don’t know if it would work with the mango cheese, though.

checks his work order

Okay, so you want to be covered in mango cream cheese and jalapeno jelly; then you want your innocence violated by tentacled lust. Hardly the weirdest request I’ve ever had. Come on, then, I haven’t got all day. It’s almost lunchtime, ferchrissakes.

There’s a little place here in Vegas called the Broadway Pizzeria, which not only makes the best pizza in town (and they have a by-the-slice lunch special, yum!) but also sells great cheesecake.

Sometime around early November, they start with the pumpkin cheesecake. I got a slice a couple of years back. It was so good that when I took my first bite, I said “Oh, my God!” out loud in the middle of a busy restaraunt. I ordered a whole one and basically lived on pumpkin cheesecake during Thanksgiving week.

I made a great hors d’oeuvre last New Year’s - tiny cornmeal tart shells, filled with a mix of cream cheese and feta cheese with herbs, each topped with a few pomegranate pips that had been mixed into melted red jalapeno jelly. Mmmm…

Border’s pumpkin coffee and Junior’s pumpkin cheesecake and Baskin Robbins pumpkin frozen yoghurt wuuld be a great last meal.

My sister-in-law the corn freak makes vanilla ice cream with brown sugar and adds creamed corn. It’s not great, but it is surprisingly edible. Sort of like popcorn washed down with a vanilla milkshake.