Okay, we give in! We're buying a Wii for Christmas. What do we buy?

Relax - it was only a reaction to an observation. Look upthread - I’ve offered up actual advice and conversation.

Thank you everyone for your input and suggestions! We did run out and get in on the Walmart deal with the free $50 gift card, so thank you myskepticsight!

Also found a Wii Resort at Target left over from Black Friday that had TWO free Motion Plus accessories. Cool.

Off to Amazon to order the rest of our stuff and a few extras that I hadn’t planned on that ya’ll have recommended! I’ve decided to wrap everything and put it under the tree and put it from “The Dogs”. My husband will not be amused. :smiley:

And, sorry that this was a “repeat” sort of thread, but I’ve been around since 2002(?) and I didn’t even know this forum existed, let alone would be used for wii stuff. I thought “The Game Room” was for those online mafia games and crap. Who knew?

Thanks again for all the help and insight!

Strongly recommend Beatles Rock Band.

Doing the same (with a $500 budget for a complete Wii kit):

Best FPS game for the Wii? Looking for chance to hunt each other and others without necessarily having to go online.

I’d recommend having 4 WiiMotes and 4 Nunchuks in total. (It’s always fun for more to play along). I haven’t tried the motion plus, so I couldn’t recommend it, but I have heard that it does not improve on games that aren’t built for it. As for an extra MarioKart wheel? I wouldn’t bother. We used it once and chucked it in a pile with the other one that came with another Wii game. I wouldn’t say they’re worthless, but…well, I think they’re worthless.

I would also skip the wii charging station (although there’s a new one out there that does it without having to plug the WiiMotes into slots) they’re a pain in the butt due to the strap always getting in the way and require a finesse to make sure they sit in the charger. After a couple months of dealing with that, we got rechargeable batteries and a charger and consider that enough.

Totally disagree, which simply means you should try it yourself before deciding. I love it–I find it to be more ergonomic than the controller itself, it makes it easier to hit the “B” button, and it’s surprisingly fun to use. But YMMV,

Metroid Prime Trilogy.