Okay, what TV commercials do you actually LIKE?

Me too, but with me I think it’s a birds of a feather thing.

Of course I also liked the Bad Andy spots…

I love those Nike commercials with the piano music. They make me want to get up and take a lap around the block (fortunately, the urge quickly passes).

And that Monster.com ad is classic - the fat kid deadpanning “I want to be forced into early retirement” is perfect.

dialog goes something like this:

Davy and his friend Tommy are wrestling/fighting around the yard. Davy’s dad comes out.

Dad: What’s going on here?
Davy: Well, we had one Dew left and were fighting over who got to drink it, and well it was wrong.
Dad: Well, why don’t you give me the Dew.

Davy pitches the can of soda to his dad. Dad proceeds to down the entire can in front of them and then tosses emtpy can to Davy.

Dad: And let that be a lesson to you.

Dad exits.

Tommy: What just happened Davy?
Davy: We got hosed Tommy, we got hosed.
Goliath: Oh Davy.

bwahhahahaha

I also liked the Dew commercial with the aliens and the grunge looking kids. The M&M’s commericals are cool too.

Any of the recent Bud Light ads, especially those featuring Cedric the Entertainer- man THAT guy can sell some beer!

I am ashamed to admit-- “Dudeeeeee, you gettin’ a Dell” still gets a laugh out of my wife every time I utter it at an inappropriate time.

-me :stuck_out_tongue:

“Yes, my friend, you are BOLD! But, are you daring?”

male cheerleader’s eye slowly peek up…

Damn, thats a funny spot!

i like the Yahoo! dolpin, also. the tone of his voice speaks volumes.

Sig being held hostage. Please help!

Hi All! my first post on the new page I like what I see so far.

As to Commercials,best one I like so far is the Geico ??)
one with the squireels.I also like the gekko.

rdky 2000
rich from seattle.

Tabasco mosquito. Super Bowl I think. Man eating pizza, sprinkeling on Tabasco. He gets bitten by a mosquito. As the bug flies away, it explodes. I loved it.

The Labatt’s beer commercials with the guy in a bear suit. Most recent one I saw was a fox yelling at him over the phone about “where 'ya been all winter?? Hibernating??”

Of course, me being a bear & all …

That one is soooo funny! :smiley:

I like the Yellow pages one with Lassie; she’s being asked to do stuff all the time (“Lassie, Timmy fell down the well!, Lassie, the barn’s on fire!, Lassie do this!, Lassie do that!”, etc.). It cuts to Lassie looking up “pet adoptions” on Yellow Pages-DotCom and then we see her laying on a sofa and the woman is saying, “Lassie, time to finish your caviar!”

This is one I’ve mentioned before. It’s for something like McCain’s (I forget), where there is a guy with short black hair sitting on the couch and his girlfriend behind him. He says something like “Ahh, takeout crust!” to which his girlfriend replies “it’s not takeout!” He’s like “But look at the taste!” And in the end she sits behind him, slaps him on the knee after throwing the box behind her and saying “Fine. It’s takeout.” He does a triumphant yell as it zooms out to show they’re on a little island.

Anyway, I just love it because the girlfriend is seriously the prettiest girl I have ever seen!!!

Can someone tell me what that commercial is?

I like the IBM commercials where the business software is a basketball team. Funny.

For the record, I have an AFLAC duck. Squeeze it and
AFLAC…AFLAC…AFLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC
Really impresses the ladies.

There’s an ad for what I think is a throat lozenge. It’s winter and you see a guy waiting at a bus stop and this nasty looking old geezer is giving the guy a sore throat. Suddenly a linebacker (representing the medicine) slams the old dude into a wall.

I really like the Mountain Dew commercial in which the guy battles the bighorn ram in head-to-head combat. The earnest documentary-style voice over is perfect, and the clash of heads is brilliantly done - it looks so real.

Mrs. Chalupa and I always get a kick out of the Foster Farms “Foster Imposter” commercials, with the wannabe Foster Farms chickens.

Jack-in-the-Box commercials are usually a hoot, although there haven’t been any really good ones for a year or so, and none that touch the Meaty Cheesy Boys series from a few years back.

Oh. And Victoria’s Secrets. Good Gawd.

I second the Moutain Dew ad where the man butts heads with a ram. It makes my head hurt! (Aside: What ever happened to Marty Stouffer)

I also like the commercial where a director is filming a hedgehod and trying to get him to act: ‘Okay, give me your sultry look.’ Have no idea what the ad is for, but the hedgehog cracks me up. Or was it an armadillo?

And though I haven’t seen it in a long time, my all-time favorite ad was on the CartoonNetwork. In had a scene straight out of “Apollo 13” where an Ed Harris type character is on the phone trying to talk what we later presume is a cartoon character through a crisis: “You’ve walked off a cliff and now you’re just suspended in mid-air? Okay, okay. Whatever you do, don’t look down.

Gawd that commercial tickles me.

I just thought of another. . .

The commercial for Snuggle fabric softener where the company is auditioning new mascots. The first is a porcupine who looks at the camera and says “I’m snuggg-a-ly sawwwwft” in a thick and gravelly Brooklyn-type accent. The second is an armadillo whose line about “getting towels fluffy” is delivered in a slick, lounge-lizardy type voice. I think there’s a weasel or something in there too.

That little teddy bear mascot they use annoys me but the rest of the commercial cracks me up.

Zap!

I like snickers commercials. All of them. I do like the " I’m batman" and “Pretty Panda” ones best though.

I also really like some of the Outback commercials, paricularly the one with the sled dogs, and the toll collector who begs to be taken away (that woman is a fool, he’s hot, she should take him!) for an adventure.

“Pretty Panda”…was that the one where the guy was prancing around with the stuffed panda while chanting “pretty pretty dancing, pretty pretty dancing” over and over?

I think that the hedgehog thing is for some GameCube game, but I might be wrong.

My favourite series has to be the “Wanna get away?” Southwest Airlines commercials.

Thank you, Detroit! We LOVE you!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

-Soup

Everyone’s mentioned the Nike ad, and I’m pretty much going to ditto that. And wonder if anyone knows where I might download that music? If it’s a specific piece or anything? I’ve done a few broad searches on audiogalaxy, but haven’t had much luck.

</hijack>