Olbermann rant about Michael Chertoff's GUT

The irony is that by fanning the Al Qaeda smoke-screen (undoubtedly to deflect Iraq criticism) the Bushies are just opening themselves up for more criticism. Six years after 9/11, and Al Qaeda is stronger than ever? Nice job, morons.

(Which leads to another rant…can we stop referring to Pakistan as “a key ally in the war on terror.”? They’re harboring our #1 enemy, for god’s sake. Doesn’t sound like an ally to me.)

Since Chertoff’s nickname is “Skelator”, I doubt if you will see this particular rant in the near future.

The shit used to sell, and sell good. Back when Bush was still The Leader, he would talk about how he trusted in his “gut instinct”, a trait much admired of macho men. Its just like feminine intuition, except its very different. Real men trust their* gut instincts*, its part of the equipment of a natural born Leader of Men. Like Custer.

I’m still paying attention and I agree with your gut-level, instinctual, scientific and intelligence-based assessment of this stunt.

That was when he could look deep into the eyes of Vladimir Putin, and see into his soul. Then, according to some sources, Bush said, “Be gentle with me,” although Ari Fleischer says that’s not so.

Shit, more like “accidentally revealed part of the plan” in “an attempt to look smart”.

-Joe

Naw, it’s still there - I known Foxnews has it regularly on their ticker. I’m fairly certain that CNN does as well.

No, they sync up. It’s like “The Wizard of Oz” and “The Dark Side of the Moon”.

-Joe

From Armed Madhouse, by Greg Palast – Chapter 1, “The Fear”:

BTW, this thread has, just possibly, some passing tangential relevance to the instant thread.

Did you know there are more nerve connections in your gut than in your brain? At least, that’s what I’ve learned by watching the Colbert Report. I haven’t checked out a reputable source to see if that’s true or not, but I don’t need to, because I know it’s true…I feel it in my gut.

You missed my point. They haven’t raised the alert level to Orange since I don’t know when, whereas before the 2004 election they raised it quite regularly (once, if I recall correctly, at the same time as the beginning of the Democratic National Convention, that hotbed of seditious terrorists and crybabies).

I saw a headline on Yahoo that said that our military leadership in Iraq is suggesting now that they will need at least until November to be able to access how well the surge is going.

I think this is where I came in. I’ve seen this part of the movie. This is the scene where he says, “We have to fight them over there so that we don’t have to fight them over here…” It’s easy to remember because it always comes after the part where someone warns us of a likely attack here by the Tareists.

President Bush is either getting shorter or he is raising his arms higher when he talks. It is beginning to look as if he is fending off potential blows to his body.

The president visited Nashville today. He spoke to a group at Opryland Hotel. I don’t know how they were selected. They he visited a very small mom and pop bun factory with maybe ten employees.

Is he just killing time?

As I was fleeing my office to get from the rumbling, smoking, and entirely unknown-at-that-point incident in Manhattan, one of my thoughts was:

“Oh god, what if Michael Chertoff’s gut was right?”

I’m starting to think that Bush is just waiting for the Rapture, which will come any day now, because after that, nobody will care about the war in Iraq anymore.

I wish that was all he was killing. So long as he refuses to even think of doing something different, the number of American GIs (and an unknown number of American contractors) killed will continue to inch upward, while the number of dead Iraqis will skyrocket. But fuck it, right? The only thing that matters is that Shrub’s ego not be touched.

'Course they will. Where else is the Antichrist supposed to build his New Babylon?

Salt Lake City?

Maybe it wasn’t indigestion after all.

Oh, wait.

Nevermind.