Old Science Fiction Stories in "Boys Life" Magazine. Help?

I was able to track down a list of the stories in " The Boy’s Life Book of Outer Space Stories" but don’t have time right now to try to track down any info on them. Perhaps one of the titles will ring a bell, or someone else will recognize it…

The Man by Ray Bradbury;
A New Game by A. M. Lightner;
Tiger by the Tail by Gene Henderson;
The Smallest Moon by Don Wilcox;
Space Lane Cadet by William Hallstead III;
Load of Trouble by Edward Wood;
Best Friend by A. M. Lightner;
The Terrible Intruders by James Hinrichs;
The Samaritan by Richard Harper;
Quads from Vars by William Greer"

Damn. That must have been after I left the Scouts, or I would have surely gotten it, and it would be sitting safely in my collection today. Maybe right next to the Playboy anthology of sf stories.

Thanks. It might be The Terrible Intruders or The Samaritan. The BLBOOSS was published in 1964 (well before I would have seen it), but any of the stories could easily have been republished in the 1970s.

Here’s one for $15

LurkMeister was referring to the first Time Machine Patrol book.

I’m not sure why anyone thinks that it’s expensive. Bookfinder.com brings up copies for under $10.00 including mailing.

The Boy’s Life Book of Outer Space Stories is even cheaper there, with copies as low as $0.48.

Always start with Bookfinder. It searches everywhere. You may want to dig deeper once you get an idea of who has what, but it’s always the place to start.

No, the first Time Patrol book isn’t that expensive; I took up Baker on her offer to lend me her copy last year because I wanted to see if it was as good now as I remembered it from 40+ years ago before buying it. I’ve occasionally picked up things based on “childhood memories” and found myself wondering why I’d wasted the money. (Which is also why I’ve stopped making impulse purchases of movies I’d missed over the years and rented them from Netflix instead.) What I was referring to in the post quoted by Hometownboy was the second one. Time Machine to the Rescue; I notice that bookfinder does not list any of the copies I saw for sale at amazon.com for that.

No, the first Time Patrol book isn’t that expensive, I just haven’t gotten about to buying it yet. I’m probably going to get one of those inexpensive copies of the Outer Space Stories book; I hadn’t priced one before and didn’t realize the price was so low.

Not sure what you mean by this. When I check Time Machine to the Rescue on Bookfinder.com the first book listed is the same $20.00 book that’s listed first on Amazon. (Remember that mailing costs are included in the price on bookfinder.) They seem to list all the other ones as well, even though they’re scattered over several separae listings on Amazon.