I heard that jumping into the pool after getting really sweaty is bad for you. The same goes for turning down the A/C after getting sweaty.
The logic goes like this:
- You exercise, and your pores open and sweat is released
- When you jump into the pool or turn on the A/C, your body is chilled
- As a result, your body closes your pores
- This is problematic because while waste products are being released through your pores as sweat, your pores are closing, and these waste products get trapped.
- As a result, you get acne and other skin maladies from waste products’ being trapped near the surface of your skin.
Truth or tall tale?