OMG!!! Christian groups upset AGAIN!

Just watched the 1974 movie (thanks to Netflix). Actually pretty good; I really like how much isn’t explained. The phone calls are truly creepy, suggesting an incredibly twisted psyche, and the ending is perfect. In hindsight, you can see that it influenced a lot of later movies that are better-known now.

And it’s fun to watch Margot Kidder being all foul-mouthed and boozy.

[QUOTE=Zebra]
I still picturing Michael kissing Frodo in Havana and saying “I know it was you Frodo, you broke my heart!”
[/QUOTE]

For some odd reason known only to my subconscious (or possibly the makers of Myers’s Rum), I’m cracking up over here.

Damn - I suppose this puts the kibosh on my plans to make my own holiday-themed slasher film with the title Ho, ho, hack

[QUOTE=Strinka]
Most sacred holiday?

Isn’t Easter supposed to be the most sacred Christian holiday?
[/QUOTE]

Well, it’s kind of like how every city in Iraq, once the fighting spreads there, is somehow a “holy city.”

[QUOTE=ShibbOleth]
I’m thinking a mostly gay porn remake of Jesus Christ, Superstar might be more effective.
[/QUOTE]

What do you mean, remake? I thought that the original was pretty…

… frisky. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Zebra]
I still picturing Michael kissing Frodo in Havana and saying “I know it was you Frodo, you broke my heart!”
[/QUOTE]

I got tears.

Would that be Michael kissing Frodo’s hairy unshod feet by any chance? I loved that scene, it defined " The Hobfather" for millions of viewers throughout Middle Earth.

And, in Jersey.

Cartooniverse

[QUOTE=Voyager]
NO, NO, NO. Michelle, who I knew when she was 11, will never, ever be naked in a movie. Never! That’s just so wrong. :eek: :eek: :eek:
[/QUOTE]

Word is bond! I’ve followed Michelle Trachtenberg’s career since she was Lily Montgomery on All My Children at eight or nine years old. I loved her in Harriet the Spy and loved her more as Dawn Summers. There can be no nakedy goodness where Michelle is concerned. I forbid the universe to let this happen. I forbid it.
:smack: Doh! I forgot! I don’t control all time and space…not yet.

Oh I know! Reading And Tango Makes Three will OH THE HORROR…MAKE YOU TEH GHEY!!!

[QUOTE=42Geek]
Nah…how about Snakes in PANTS? After all we all know that snakes are evil and so are pants! :stuck_out_tongue:
[/QUOTE]

I have had it with these motherfuckin’ snakes in these motherfuckin’ pants!

[QUOTE=NJ_Kef]
Word is bond! I’ve followed Michelle Trachtenberg’s career since she was Lily Montgomery on All My Children at eight or nine years old. I loved her in Harriet the Spy and loved her more as Dawn Summers. There can be no nakedy goodness where Michelle is concerned. I forbid the universe to let this happen. I forbid it.
[/QUOTE]

My daughter was mortified to learn that I developed a profound case of the hots for Drew Barrymore as she appeared ( and, if I may say so, she appeared in a lot of her corpulent glory ) in “Charlie’s Angels”. She responded with, " Oh GOD Dad that’s gross, that’s the little girl from " E.T." !!! "

HEH. Yes, well. Michelle Trachtenberg may be off limits, but what can I say? Drew Grew. :smiley: