Omnibus Stupid MFers in the news thread (Part 1)

That can be filed under “Omnibus Stupid MFers are the news”.

Bravo!

HIPAA only applies to health care providers. Anything that can be gleaned by standing on a street corner with a notebook (or by storing your phone’s location data via an app) is fair game.

HIPPA can occasionally be weird. My wife’s endocrinologist goes to our church. She (the doctor) had to get my wife’s permission in writing to ask our rector to put her on the prayer list, because she found out through her profession. If my wife had told her outside the office, it would have been okay for her to ask.

I was tempted to put this in the “Stupid Republican” thread, but since no party is given, this seems the appropriate alternative…

And there is really not much more to say, is there?

The Black Rock Rangers at Burning Man are generally the first on the scene before the Emergency Services Department and are thus, often privy to medical information. In training we stress, “Unless certified on the default world you are not bound by HIPAA, but pretend you are.”

It’s Oklahoma, so it’s not surprising.
From the Oklahoma Wildlife Department:
Listen,
bear spray
DOES NOT
work like bug spray.
We would like to not have to say that again.

And the reverse is also true, and may be just as dangerous.

Here is a photo of the assignment, for anyone curious:

https://odu.bz/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/‘Which-of-the-Following-Are-Primates-780x470.jpg

The story implies that this isn’t something that the teacher created herself, but she chose it as part of the assignment.

“On behalf of Roeper School’s leadership, we want to acknowledge the disturbing racial offense contained in an assignment with an upper school class last week. The choice to use this piece of curriculum was completely inconsistent with our School’s philosophy and mission and we sincerely apologize for its use and the harm it has caused. While the teacher has taken responsibility and admits the mistake of not properly vetting the resource, we know that is not enough and she has been placed on administrative leave until further notice,” the school said in the statement.

I would say that there was one of three reasons why that was used.

1. The teacher is a racist shitbag right wing troll trying to “own the libs” in front of kids.
  2. The teacher is too dumb to realize the controversy and didn’t realize it would be a big deal.
  3. The teacher didn’t even check ahead of time to see the content before presenting it.

All of those reasons are bad. No matter which is true, that is not a person you should trust to educate children.

Two guys in Louisiana tried to move a modular house in the middle of the night without permits, destroying mailboxes, trees, and road signs, then ultimately abandoned the house on the side of the road.

I’m trying really hard to imagine if it can possibly just be stupid thoughtlessness… maybe if it was produced during Obama’s presidency, maybe I’ve seen people use the current president when a representative picture of Homo sapiens is required…?

But I just can’t make myself believe anyone could be innocently so oblivious. It has to be an evolution-denying deplorable doesn’t it? With a thought process like “If we have to teach that humans are primates, I’ll own the commie liberal Jeebus-haters by showing their poster boy next to a monkey and they can’t complain because I’m teaching their evolution lie, aren’t I”

In other words, I’m struggling to give credence to anything but

Seriously, go fuck yourself.

By which I mean People magazine, not the sister.

This was posted by the company that sold the Uvalde shooter his gun. They have since put their twitter account into “only approved viewers can see” mode.

Every four year old should know how to field strip a rifle.

And anyway, that’s a stupid statement. Kids deviate from good teaching every damn day. Which explains why we have republicans.

This is my rifle, this is my pacifier.
This is for providing me with an unrealistic sense of security and control over the world, this is for sucking on.

I’ve looked through the link and can’t find the thing for which People magazine should fuck their collective selves. Sorry if it’s right there in front of me.

Doesn’t really differentiate,

Herschel Walker, out-stupiding the stupid:

Way too many hits to the head.

So the apparent solution to gun violence is to create a government department in charge of looking at young men who are looking at women who are looking at the internet.

Seems legit.