Omnibus Stupid MFers in the news thread (Part 1)

I’ll wait for the inevitable sitcom treatment.

It’s been published,
The Accidental Terrorist: Confessions of a Reluctant Missionary by William Shunn
I immediately thought about that account, as well. He’s a good writer.

One note. The guy returning was his assigned companion, someone you are with 24/7 for anywhere between one and several months. You have a duty to keep your companion from breaking the mission rules.

Supposedly missionaries have been sent home in disgrace as punishment for not preventing their companions from breaking serious rules such as having sex or leaving the mission area.

Missionaries must obey very strict (and arbitrary) rules specifying what time to wake up, which sports are acceptable (half court basketball is fine but not full court) so having a companion leave would have put him in a panic.

Matt Gaetz might have some issues with it…

Yeah, he’d think they’re too old to be wearing bikinis.

There have been at least six shootings in Charlotte in attacks involving high school students. One shooting last night involved over 150 rounds of ammunition shot into a single house, a 3 year old was killed and his 4 year old sister wounded.

Yeah, this seems to be pretty mild stuff to get fired over. Not much worse than typical evangelical witnessing. It’s not like he got violent or spewed racist hate. But I guess his notoriety was bad for buisness to he got canned.

Thanks–that led me to what I was looking for:

As a former reluctant missionary myself, it’s spot on.

I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in Mormonism.

Break out the popcorn, folks. According to his latest FB post, Logan Dorn will soon address the women on the beach and the whole world.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/241695762_1303870446740899_2021901053961120188_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=VUC0a9pou4AAX-m60-8&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=b2b4d23402552483c83f69b99b582e4e&oe=616237A6

“Watch this space!”

I keep reading his name as Logan Doom. I think he should consider changing it. Maybe he can become a traveling preacher. Wonder how he is with snakes?

From his “about Logan” entry on FB:

Currently pursuing ministry. Personal trainer, lover, friend, and a Child of God.

Sinner! He should remain chaste, like our Lord and Savior.

I came upon a chlld of god
he was walking along the road

He said "put on some clothes, you heathen
“or you’ll burn forever in hell”

The Gospel according to Logan.

As long as evisceration by admantium claws is not involved…

Run, ministry! Run!

Ninja’d.

“The FBI spokesperson was quoted as saying that if they had heeded the signs earlier the tragedy may have been averted.”

Any guesses ? Fall on his sword vs. just keep doubling down ?

Honestly, this cat is suffering from some sort of mental health issues, but because it’s wrapped up in Jesus talk, nobody is going to call it out. We should be more forgiving in our responses regarding someone who is suffering.

Which, surprisingly, is what happens in many Reddit communities when the clearly deranged/dementia afflicted folks do what they get videoed doing.

The first time/s the video/s get shared.

Unfortunately, after 1-5 years and the video(s) are still out there… sympathy is lost and Point and Laugh gets more traction.