Omnibus Stupid MFers in the news thread (Part 1)

Coming through with the actual label, check that out!

What I did was I found a YouTube video where they reviewed it and when they zoomed in on the ingredients list I took a screenshot on my phone, then put it on Imgur. I couldn’t find the list on its own anywhere.

Damn. That’s above and beyond. And out there!

I think we should all be troubled that calling maltodextrin and mustard seed wasabi powder is allowed.

I have other things to be troubled about.

I forgot, if anyone is curious to watch the video I grabbed the screenshot from here it is:

Whaddya wanna bet there’s no actual cheese pizza in the bag on the left, either? :scream: :rage:

And no actual southwest in the bag on the right.

I am concerned that the bags say “mix” but the contents don’t look sufficiently mixed up. Guess I will call my lawyer and I will sue for a million. Maybe they’ll settle out of court for 5 figures.

I have just discovered that my chocolate truffles do not contain real truffles!

I have a similar issue with my chocolate turtles.

And my bag of Pepperidge Farms Goldfish don’t contain any fish (gold or otherwise).

Oh wait. Does this belong here or in the thread about Subway tuna?

Wouldn’t be the first time someone did.

On the wasabi front, here is a label from a package of wasabi peanuts with Donald Rumsfeld on it, just because.

I ate a chocolate that wasn’t actually a kiss.

Why do I get the feeling that all of the examples brought up in this thread will be brought to THAT lawyer’s attention and we will see a new round of lawsuits…

This discussion ALMOST makes me believe that there should be a mechanism for disbarment by vote of the populace - with a mandatory minimum number every year. (Yeah - that would really lead to some shenanigans.)

I recently watched a video of a guy preparing Lamb’s Eggs. Turns out sheep don’t lay eggs!

You aren’t this naive. I appreciate the devil’s advocate part of arguing, but really, you think he may have been genuinely fooled? You think there’s an actual chance that a guy who filed hundreds of lawsuits over “false” ingredient claims was genuinely fooled by this bag of wasabi flavored snack mix he bought at 7-11?

There are two points to note:

1. If he ever consumed real wasabi, he knows 7-11 snak mix won’t have real wasabi in it.
  2. If he never consumed real wasabi, the 7-11 snak mix provided exactly the wasabi he was expecting.

This is the nonsense we ALL have to pay for. You’re paying money so that leeches like this guy can enrich himself. You’re paying a judge to waste his time reading this nonsense, paying higher prices so that 7-11 (and other companies) can pay their lawyer to react to this nonsense, or just pay the leech off because it’s cheaper that way.

I was shocked to learn that the Wonka company doesn’t use real snozzberries in their wallpaper.

Most Americans have never eaten cantaloupe either. Apparently you can call any orange fleshed melon a cantaloupe and get away with it.

Most people in the USA have also never eaten, or even seen, a yam.

Some varieties of sweet potatoes do have “yam” as part of their variety name, though.

– I will, however, proceed to admit here in public that before reading this thread I had no idea that wasabi isn’t wasabi.

I’m going to have to ask for a clarification on this. After a quick search on the internet, I find that there are, indeed, a number of melons called “cantalope” or “cantaloupe”, but the version I see in stores is invariably the one pictured by the definition. Apparently there are different varieties called by that name in Australian, New Zealand, and South Africa, but unless one of those is your standard “true cantalope”, it doesn’t stand up to the “most Americans have ever eaten a cantaloupe” claim. If most of what are in US stores aren’t cantalopes (however spelled), what are they?