Omnibus Stupid MFers in the news thread (Part 1)

Not trying to junior mod, but isn’t there already a Stupid Republican idea of the day for which most of this discussion could find a home? I thought that this thread was for dipshits not associated with any particular party?

If you run across stupid from someone else, feel free to share.

Meanwhile:

Fox News anchor Bill Hemmer: Cancel culture will ‘come after Bible characters next’ (msn.com)

“Cancel Culture” is not a real thing. It’s an idiot’s phrase to appeal to idiots. If you the phrase as something real, well. you have been had. As the moron in the article has proven.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/maskless-men-charged-with-using-fake-badges-id-cards-while-threatening-arrests-of-hotel-staffers-who-doubted-they-were-real-us-marshals/ar-BB1dNV43

Jeebus, is wearing a mask THAT fucking difficult?

What’s difficult for that kind of asshole is having to do something he’d rather not do. It’s a disability known as “toddler syndrome”.

I’m surprised that these sorts of maskholes haven’t started claiming that they don’t have to wear masks because they’re under five years old. It would be a hell of a lot more plausible than claiming they’re federal marshals.

That is all awful lot of trouble just to not wear a mask. Let me get fake badges and fake id cards and risk real arrest to avoid a mask.

Not sure if this one came up, but a 55 year-old Ohio woman – whose name actually is Karen – refused to wear a mask, may or may not have been a bit tipsy, resisted arrest, and was generally a Stupid MFer just a couple weeks ago:

VIDEO NSFW - LANGUAGE

Charm. That’s the word that comes to mind.

Yes. It is that tough to wear a freaking mask. Y’all who pull it off so effortlessly are just superheroes. It’s that simple :wink:

I’ve heard of examples of people who claim a medical condition as a reason that they shouldn’t be required to wear a mask. OK, but if you really have such a thing (which is probably a respiratory issue), shouldn’t you be doing your best to avoid a pandemic respiratory disease? Like by not going out in public?

Um. Forgive an impertinent question, but did you just bring logic into this ??

Asking for a friend.

People with real conditions that make wearing a mask unbearable, breathing-wise, would be legitimately terrified by the prospect of catching any respiratory illness.

So … she keeps asking if there’s a federal law that prevents her from wearing a facemask.

Uh … no, no I’m pretty sure there is no federal law like that

She doesn’t realize that the State, County and City are all free to pass laws of their own?

Yes, truly a stupid MFer

The moment she opened her mouth I pegged her as being drunk off her ass.

I think we’re both being charitable, and may be overlooking the obvious: she’s drunk and a stupid MFer.

They’re out there. I’ve seen studies …

Being drunk and stupid aren’t mutually exclusive of course; to the contrary they often correlate. :slight_smile:

Don Jr is a stupid MFer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-jr-blasts-twitter-over-false-claims-he-called-texas-governor-abbott-a-democrat/ar-BB1dQpcp

That is Fox News trick. If a Republican does something bad, run his picture and name with a (D) next to it.

Bluto? Is that you?

That’s Senator Bluto.

Yes, actually. I’ve got asthma, and depending on the exact conditions, wearing a mask does trigger it pretty badly.

But I wear the mask anyways, because if I get COVID I’ll be even worse off. Days when it gets too bad, I stay home, or do curbside pickup if I really need something. There have been several times I’ve gone out to the store, but upon seeing how busy it is, decided to skip it, because I knew by the time I got finished, I’d be gasping for air.

These fakers piss me off so sooooo much.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/entire-california-school-board-out-after-disparaging-parents-on-accidental-zoom-broadcast/ar-BB1dQbth?li=BBnb7Kz

'nuff said.

Lesson to be learned from this: do not piss off the AV Club.