On The Mixing Of Local Wildlife And Exotic Animals In Captivity (better explained on OP)

Here in the US, there are places where predatory, carnivorous/omnivorous animals that aren’t native to the area are kept in captivity: zoos, unethical animal habitats (think: Joe Exotic), quasi-ethical rescue animal habitats, etc. I’m sure that, from time to time, local wildlife (cats & dogs (pets and/or feral), small mammals like squirrels and such, various birds) accidentall meander in to their enclosures.

If a pet/feral cat walked into a big-cat habitat, has she signed her own death warrant? Will the big critters ignore her because she’s so small and no their usual prey? Would a captive gorilla tear a pet/feral dog to shreds for the lulz?

Are there any documented cases of a non-native carnivore/omnivore (great ape, big cat, etc.) killing/eating a local animal?

If you allow humans as being “local animals”…

Google found this one from 2011:

Warning: the page apparently has a video of the snow leopard, a native of Asia, attacking the squirrel. Article doesn’t say where this happened but the video description on YouTube places it at Micke Grove Zoo in Lodi, California, in 2011.

Google also found plenty of reports for the opposite: local animals mauling zoo animals.

Maybe.

But Koko the gorilla adopted kittens. So I suspect it would depend on the gorilla.

I’ve seen videos of big cats reared with regular kittens or puppies and they become lifelong friends. But they all are young to begin with.