On turning 60

Is it just me, or the older one gets, the faster time flies.

As a kid, I can remember the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas seemed to stretch to an eternity. Now, it seems like Christmas was two weeks ago and Memorial Day is tomorrow and it is already time to start planning for Thanksgiving dinner.

Of course, it didn’t help that I actually got a Christmas card delivered late that arrived last Saturday, but still…time seems to zip by as you get older.

Happy Birthday ETF!

I do not have you on my Doper Birth Year List …

That’d be 1949, yes? For that year I have:
Roderick Femm
AskNott
Ragiel

Tupug Anachi, I do not have you either (obviously).

Do y’all mind if I put you on the list?

P.S. LouisB has a birthday coming up soon, March 26th!

That’s because you are! :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy (belated) birthday from a relative baby (54)

Yep, 1949 it is – hence the content in the last line of my sig. Put me wherever you wish. :wink:

Thanks, all, for your good wishes! Especially from you geezers ahead of me.

You are 60!

I’ve always thought you in your twenty’s. Seriously.

You don’t write a day over 27. :slight_smile:
Happy Birthday!

Heh. In some ways, I find it simply unacceptable, not possible, beyond any likelihood that I am, in fact, 60. There must be some mistake.

Well, better start wrapping your head around the idea of being 70. Now that you’re kinda old & all, time will fly by a lot faster, so it’s right around the corner.
[I just hit the 50 year mark myself. 1st half-century down the tubes and counting]

Ew! Old people!

Seriously though, Happy Birthday. And 60 really isn’t that old. It can’t be, because I’m almost halfway there.

Now is the perfect time for you to read “Younger Next Year” and to act on the advice contained therein. Seriously.

60…!

I’m 35 and it feels like I’ve been alive forever. I can’t imagine another 25 years…

Tell me, what do you think of your 35-year-old self? Were you smart? Were you an idiot?

Mostly I’d gotten over my youthful twitdom but there was still a fair amount to expunge.

Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, I’m sure glad I’m not Forty anymore.

Things get nifty when you’re fifty.

Sixty shimsxty, you’re still sexy.

Now 65 where I am at is sad, not glad, bad, not rad, the brain says : go for it ( when it can remember what you are going for) and the body falls down, either because it can’t stand anymore today or in a fit of giggles that the mind is so bad.

I still think I could ride one of your horses, grab a rope and catch that calf. Even if your horse was the perfect calf roping horse and the calf was slow, I would have a problem because I couldn’t get on the horse to start with. My brain is so behind the times… :: sigh ::: And get off my weeds…

Happy B day whipper snapper…

Oh, you could ride Ben, if you could clamber up there; he’s a mellow fellow. But rope a calf off him? He’d have a hissy fit and refuse to go anywhere near such a bizarre monster. East Coast Thoroughbreds have their standards, you know!

Hey, at our age, any morning that you can get vertical instead of remaining horizontal is a winner!!

:D:D

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday!

I turned 50 a few months ago and it was the first “big 0” birthday I really noticed.

Kinda weird not to be young anymore, isn’t it?