I am 40

How did this happen? It seems like I was just turning 16 about five minutes ago!

Sheesh.

Happy birthday to me… And get off of my lawn!

Welcome to the wonderful world of middle age. Reflect always that middle and old age is better than the alternative.

Is it as bad as they say? I still have a few months, but I suspect I’m not going to enjoy the whole process.

Happy Birthday!

Well, so far I’m only about 45 minutes into it. I do know that I’ve spent some time (especially the last couple of months) dreading this day. It’s sort of a relief to finally be here.

I think I said the same thing about having each kid.

By the way, I have an 18 year old. 18. Wow!

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t want to go back and be younger again. I’m happy with my life. Could we just maybe slow down the clock some?

In case you haven’t noticed it yet, the clock will start speeding up more rapidly now, like the last vortex of water going down the sink drain. Think about it: When you were 5, a year represented a whole 20% of your life, almost infinity. Now a year is a tiny fraction and over in the blink of an eye. The older you get, th faster time accelerates like the downward pull of gravity on a roller coaster.

Have a nice day. :smiley:

I suggest embracing middle age, it has worked well for me. When I turned 40 I was not accepting middle age until my oldest daughter (she’s 25 btw, and has a new baby, how did that happen?) told me on my 40th birthday that if I live until I am 80, then 40 is, indeed, middle age. Time does race by, but I find that the ride is much smoother than it was in my 20’s and 30’s, and I notice a lot of things that I didn’t have time for when I was younger. When I look in the mirror I think of the lyrics “wrinkles only go where the smiles have been” and smile back at myself. Happy birthday, and many returns of the day!

Yes. And you know what is the only way to avoid it… :eek: :smiley:

You started early! I’m nearly 44 and my oldest is (almost) 15 (actually, her birthday is day after mine.)

And it’s not really that bad… I was just trying to scare bobo :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy birthday, and congrats on becoming a real, *for really real *this time, grown up :slight_smile:

Oh, and … both of you… geroff my lawn!

Hey, the up side is once you’re over the hill, you pick up speed. Wanna join me here, on the luge to hell? :smiley:

Happy birthday! I’ve been 40 for a month and a half now. It’s all it’s cracked up to be.

Good grief! I’m 42 and my kid’s 8 1/2!

You’re always 18 on the inside. You’ve just had more practice! :smiley:

I like being over 40, I can laugh at all the fashions and say horrid things like; “*That’s *back? Again?” It really upsets the kids. If that doesn’t work, *wear *the latest fashion with pride, you’ll never see it on a teenager again!

Oooh, the power.

These young’ens. I’ll be 46 this month.

Get the hell of my lawn, you whippersnappers.

Yah! Watcha gonna do about it? Nyah nyah!

For the last 14 years, I’ve had this blinking light in my hand and I’ve been running all over the place and I really need a good facelift and some sanctuary to hang out at. Just gotta stay away from those jumbo microwave ovens and those swarthy silver robots.

Damn…just seems like it was yesterday.

Kids. I’m surrounded by kids.

Happy Birthday!

Just remember this: The road ahead leads only to the sunset. Travel that road with gusto and happiness.

Happy birthday you young sprog.

40? it’s nuffink mate, wait until you’re 65 like moi

Wishing you a good day, a good year and a great life! :slight_smile:

Happy Birthday!

I know where you live. I’ll tell your kids on you.

Happy Birthday!

The text size increase option is under “View”.