One bourbon, One scotch, One beer

At least two different occasions have found me discussing the song with fellow drinkers sitting at a bar, eventually convincing folks to order a shot of bourbon, one of scotch, and a draft beer. Line em up and do them one, two, three. Horrible experience.

So, I am being mocked? Sorry. It isn’t my story - it’s Danny’s; I didn’t meet any of those guys. Thought it would be fun to share.

That don’t confront me. So long as I get my rent paid by Friday. :smiley:

I always here it as “confern”

Oh, come on, WordMan. It was funny. It made me go to the quarry and throw stuff down there. It wasn’t mocking you so much as making fun of some common rock 'n roll tropes.

Wanna tell you a story
About the house rent blues
I come home one Friday
Had to tell the landlady I’da lost my job
She said that don’t confront me
Long as I get my money next Friday

http://genius.com/George-thorogood-house-rent-blues-one-bourbon-one-scotch-one-beer-lyrics

So there I am in Sri Lanka… Del Clinton was Danny the dealer from Withnail and I.

Not that many of us can quote dialog from Wayne’s World 2 off the top of our heads (or would admit it;)).

So I got whooshed and then did myself the favor of whining about it?

:smack::smack:

Carry on.

It’s the only funny part of that movie, but Ralph Brown is totally mesmerising.

The only time I have One bourbon, one scotch and one beer is when I Drink Alone.

I’ve never run into a bourbon drinker who liked Scotch, or a Scotch drinker who liked bourbon.

Please, Mr. Barkeep, I’ll have two bourbons and a beer.

The only parts of Wayne’s World that have stuck in my brain are “Schwing!” “We’re not worthy!” and “A sphincter says what?”

What?

I like both, but not at the same time. Bourbon’s for serious drinking. Scotch is for a quiet evening at home.

Love this song, too. George Thorogood isn’t exactly known for his range and variety (either singing or guitar), but he has some songs that really get the toe tapping and the head rocking. And his vocals are perfect for this song.

I have to agree that I don’t think I know anybody who likes both scotch and bourbon. Round these parts, I run into very few scotch drinkers. It’s either bourbon (various brands) or Crown Royal. I’ve tried to like scotch many times, but just don’t like it. Bourbon, on the other hand, mmmm.

You’ve met me.:wink:

I used to drink bourbon when I was younger and later acquired a taste for Scotch. But I’ll still have bourbon on occasion, including at home.

I too like bourbon, scotch and beer. Though, it would be a rare evening for me to two-fist the distilled members of the song.

Really? I like both. They’re different in a lot of ways, but they both have the smoke flavor that most liquors are missing.

I tend to go through phases. For example, it’s been about six months since I drank bourbon, but last summer I was drinking mostly bourbon. In fact, I’m wondering if the weather might influence my preferences; we’ll see what I drink this summer.

Anyway, my two cents on the song: Love it, but I’ve only heard the Thorogood version. I have a playlist of songs that I play that are sort of cathartic when I’m feeling down. It is impossible to be depressed while listening to OBOSOB.

I often have a couple of beers with dinner, and then either bourbon or scotch later in the evening. But I don’t mix all three.