Online game lets RWs fantasize about hunting down "Obama and the renegade Cong"

And if you get hit, you have to apologize.

There is no moral equivalent here people, let’s not get bogged down in the desperate rush to be “fair” that we miss what reality is.

If a game like this came out about Bush it would have been good because Bush committed war crimes and deserved to be thrown out. Obama has not. Obama’s actually a good and decent man and president. Thus people SHOULD be mad about this game, but a hypothetical Bush game where he is killed is perfectly fine.

Weeelllll . . . I would say Bush deserved to be impeached. Not assassinated.

Outrage over a game, outrage over a movie-- both are wasted outrage. Now, the game “developer’s” inability to seperate the game from real life? That’s something to worry about.

Man the right really felt left out with the Bush hate gestalt and now I guess we’re going to get the idea that every President is going to anoint themselves King from now on. Maybe we always have amongst a certain set.

Impeached in real life, but killed in a game and movie. That’s why this game with Obama is a travesty, stupid, and hateful. The worse one could say about Obama is that he continued some Bush policies and didn’t push the Democrats’ agenda hard enough. That’s it.

It would be like if the KKK came out with a game like this and said it had nothing to do with his race at all. There’s no moral equivalency

:slight_smile: I think you’ve got a moneymaker there!

I will say it again: the game’s objective, as stated on the website, is to capture Obama, not kill him.

This is a pretty huge distinction. Ask any prisoner of war.

You know, as I was writing that, I thought “Wait, was it him who eagerly voted for McCain, or did he reluctantly vote for Obama?” Sorry. And despite how nasty that sounds (I’ve been having an exceptionally bad day), I am sorry.

The point of the game should be to give him a trophy, not put him in jail.

Brainglutton - Oh, I’m flattered, but I’m no game designer. Too many details, too many bugs that can creep in. Like I said, I just took the concept behind Romance of the Three Kingdoms and similiar multiple-faction strategy games.

I predict that this will go the way of Liberality For All. Remember, that weird comic about Chelsea Clinton becoming President and enacting a bunch of dumb policies and a trio of talk show pundits donning armored suits and mobilizing to stop her, or something? It’ll raise a lot of hackles and gain a loyal following for a year or so, whereupon the players realize that simply wishing for a perfect neocon nation isn’t satisfying at all (not to mention replaying the same fait accompli scenarios over and over, high scores or no) and give it up.

Airman Doors - I’ve seen your insights in the past. I know you’re better than this. You are by far one of the wisest and most thoughtful conservatives we have (if not the wisest and most thoughtful), and we want you to stay that way. Please, step away from the computer for a while and calm down. (Hey, if I can do it, how hard can it be?)