Opinions--Countertop Dishwashers

RE–Counter-top Dishwashers
I’ve been looking at some online, & some sound pretty good.
Good prices, too.

Anybody own one?
Good or bad?

You have a 24" base cabinet to dedicate to this?

I’ve never heard of them, but the 2 I just looked at do not want to be moved - something on the order of 50 pounds - and that’s dry weight - loaded and filled with water… How sturdy is that 24" cabinet*?

• actually, they are about 22" wide. I use a standard cabinet width for ease of reference. Device does not require a dedicated cabinet, just the width of one.

I had one in a rental house. I really didn’t like it. It doesn’t hold much, certainly nothing large, it was loud, and it didn’t do a very good job getting the dishes clean. I suppose if you intend to wash your dinner plates and utensils only, it could be okay. After wrestling with it for a month or so, I just switched to hand-washing everything. I wouldn’t buy one.

I had one years ago. It was OK, but it takes up a ton of counter space, didn’t have the power to really blast away crud, and the snap lock thingy on the faucet was kind of a pain in the ass.

Now that I cook on a more regular basis, there’s no way I’d use one, even if I didn’t have a built in. That counter space is just too valuable.