I’m looking to move to the DC/VA area right away.
I’d like to arrive in the area, get a job, then earn the money to get a place, then bring up my wife and dogs. I’m not too picky about what job- I’ve seen literally hundreds in the area that I would find acceptable. I’m not too picky about where I stay while I’m making my money (I lived outdoors for nine months once).
I am unfamiliar with the area. I don’t even know what city I should move to.
So, I ask:
- What city in the DC/VA area should I move to?
- Where’re very,very cheap[sup]*[/sup] places to stay whilst I’m making ready for my family to arrive?
- Who wants to have a beer with me when I get there?
- Where’s a great place to have semi skilled toting job[sup]**[/sup]?
- What should I avoid in re questions 1-4?
I’m open to all suggestions.
I have a wide ranging variety of skills and qualifications that I could make available to any interested potential employers who happen to read this.
*As close to free as possible.
** Toting things from one place to another- managing official correspondence, waiting tables, driving a forklift, etc.