Oracle 10g setStringForClob (Korean)

The scenario is: Oracle 10g (10.1.0.2.0) database, Oracle thin jdbc driver, Clob column on Unicode database.

Our code is using the OraclePreparedStatement method setStringForClob (which was new in 10g).

When using a value in a double-byte language (Korean, Japanese), the user claims they are getting the error java.lang.NoSuchMethodError oracle.jdbc.OraclePreparedStatement.setStringForClob. But in other languages (English, Swedish), using the same database, same code base, same machine, it works fine.

I find this hard to believe but that’s what they say. I Googled around and can’t find anything that would expect different behavior with a double-byte language. I didn’t ask them how long their string was, but let’s assume that the length is not an issue.

ratatoskK, you have piqued my curiosity. I hope you find the answer to your puzzlement. I understand only a few shreds of it, and I don’t know what you’re talking about. However, I own a little stock in Oracle, so I’d like to get a general idea what this about.

Besides, I have added “double-byte” to my file of insult words.

Good luck to you.