Original Coca-Cola recipe supposedly revealed

See, to me Coke and Pepsi taste nothing alike. I love coke, can’t stand to drink Pepsi. I think it’s on of those “Cilantro” things.

I am very surprised to see neroli on the list. I really hate the scent of neroli. Huh.

People actually think they taste alike? I mean, I like both, but they taste very different. I wish I had the vocabulary to describe the difference.

It’s mostly in the mind.

The flavor of cola is a combination of citrus and spice flavors. Every brand balances these flavors differently. Coke tends to have more spice flavors, while Pepsi has more citrus.

BTW, can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi when I’m paying attention. To me their taste is similar but distinguishable.

Your article doesn’t state what you think it does.

It states that preferences between Coke and Pepsi are mostly in the mind.

It never states that there is no difference in taste. I might prefer one to the other due to marketing, but that doesn’t mean I can’t tell the difference in a blind taste test.

As I state above (quoting Poundstone) cola’s “fantasia” flavoring is more specifically a mixture of citrus oils (not juices) , vanilla, and cinnamon, with a few other trace flavorings. I wouldn’t say that Coke has more spice than Pepsi. I’d agree with Poundstone (who cites other, undefined, authorities) that the main difference is in which citrus oils and trace oils are used. Coke seems to have more orange, Pepsi more lemon. Which might be why Pepsi released its diet version “with lemon” well before Coke released any of its variant flavors.

From the posted link:
Contains all active elements of coca leaf: flavonoids, Vitamin C & B, esteroids, carotenoides, poliosas, aminoacids, alkaloids, tanine, saponine, mineral resin
When they say alkaloids, one of those alkaloids is infact cocaine. Along with methylecgonine cinnamate, benzoylecgonine, truxilline, hydroxytropacocaine, tropacocaine, ecgonine, cuscohygrine, dihydrocuscohygrine, nicotine and hygrine.

How can it be legally sold over the internet if it contains cocaine?

My guess is the distillation method produces an extract with a small but insignificant amount of cocaine in it. The distillation method Coca-Cola uses produces an extract with a lot of cocaine if you don’t use decocainized Coca leaves.

The distillation methods have to be different because otherwise there would be no need for Coca-Cola to decocainize the coca leaves if they can simply use the extract that comes from coca leaves under their distillation method.

This isn’t the best source, but here is another forum talking about the question. One of the users suggests that “coca leaves are thrown in the low grade spent grape mash which is fermented, then distilled, any cocaine would be in the pot residue and not in the distillate which is what is being sold.”

Point is that there are different ways to get coca extract.

That is website in Peru where coca leaf products are legal. They take the pisco and soak the coca leaves in it to extract the goods and flavor the pisco. The pisco is then used in such wonderful beverages such as the coca sourhttp://mickhuerta.blogspot.com/2009/01/coca-sour.html. Plenty legal in peru. My friend from peru says its delicious. It contains cocaine. Just in small amounts, small but will still keep you up amounts. I wouldnt try to order that product into the states, i know people who have with no problems, and people who have had their shipment seized. Best to error on the side of caution and keep with the laws here in the states, but peru does not have the same restrictive laws on coca leaf products.