ouch! the pain

I am now the proud new owner of a corneal abrasion – Yep that’s right. At some point today a piece of something must have slipped beneath my contact lens an pow, there it is! my right eye begins to itch and burn. It feels just like the abrasion I got a year ago. Time to go get really cool eyedrops that instantly take away the pain, get my pupil dilated, some florescent eye stuff that sticks to corneal abrasions so the doc can see it, antibiotic ointment and then antibiotic eye drops. The joy to look forward to!

[girl from Willy Wonka] **But daddy, *I[/] want a corneal abrasion. Now! Right now![/girl from Willy Wonka]

[girl from Willy Wonka] But daddy, I want a corneal abrasion. Now! Right now![/girl from Willy Wonka]

IIRC, that was Varuca Salt, who has a very cool band named after her.

Oh, the power of suggestion. My right eye is itching and watering like crazy now!

I had a corneal abrasion in my left eye a few months ago. Excruciating pain. Then, a couple weeks after that cleared up, it happened to my right eye. More excruciating pain. I have since given up contacts for a nice pair of glasses.