Our Own Memorial -- Post Poems/Songs Here

It seems to me that in our own twisted little way, we at the SDMB are a community, just like any other. But we are unlike any other in that words are our currency and our only means of reaching out to each other or expressing ourselves. And unlike any other community, we have not had an opportunity to mourn and memorialize together.

I would suggest that many of us would be helped by the chance to post those poems, songs, or thoughts that are of comfort; that reflect our grief; that express what we think about this past week; or that say what we would like to say to the dead and the wounded survivors. I know it would be very helpful to me to see what written pieces others are thinking of or relying on in dealing with this. Please keep in mind the SD’s policy against extensively posting copyrighted materials!, though excerpts are AFAIK fine, and of course non-copyrighted materials are also fine.

As for me, I would leave as my tribute to the dead these words by Shakespeare (from Cymbeline):

Fear no more the heat o’ the sun,
Nor the furious winter’s rages;
Thou thy worldly task hast done,
Home art gone, and ta’en thy wages;
Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Fear no more the frown o’ the great,
Thou art past the tyrant’s stroke:
Care no more to clothe and eat;
To thee the reed is as the oak:
The sceptre, learning, physic, must
All follow this, and come to dust.