Overprivileged White Lady Calls "Okay" Gesture "White Power" Gestur, Fake News Sites Report It...

. . . and both get made to look like completely-idiotic left wing shills.

First, the OWL’s tweet:

http://i.imgur.com/lvyaSGy.png

Those of you over the age of, oh, 16 months will immediately recognize that gesture as the universally-accepted hand signal for “okay.” This fact was rubbed in Ms. Overprivileged’s face, not unlike a disobedient puppy getting his face rubbed in his own droppings.

First, it was pointed out that the white power gesture shown in her referenced “evidence” is an entirely different gesture. Seriously. They’re not even close to the same.

https://www.adl.org/sites/default/files/styles/max_650x650/public/images/combating-hate/hate-on-display/c/white-power-handsign-2.jpg

If that wasn’t enough, the shaming continued when several uses posted photos of famous non-whites and liberals using the exact same alleged white power gesture: Obama, Oprah, Beyonce, both Bill and Hillary Clinton, etc.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-jkaVMWsAA5woO.jpg

We end with a hilarious gif of Jean-Claude Van Dam giving the “white power gesture” while performing the splits:

http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/okwinkjean-claude-van-dammeapprove.gif

Of course, none of this refuting evidence did anything to change Ms. Overprivileged’s stance, nor the stance of her fellow liberals. Their mentally ill, ideologically-driven minds were already made up. The okay gesture is the white power gesture, and no amount of counter-evidence will change that alternative fact.

Are there any liberals here willing to stand up and call out this shameful race-baiting, character-assassinating, nonsensical behavior from their left wing brethren?

So what is the “fake news” site that reported it? You seem to have left out the crucial link.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

It’s no terrorist fist-bump, that’s for sure.

Those two know what they are doing the same way my five year old knows what he is doing when he pulls his “I’m not touching you” routine. Only he’s more subtle about it than these two white supremacists.

I mean, I’m sure it’s an absolute coinkydink that these racists keep making this hand signal, right?

The U.K.'s Independent, and Yahoo! (two of the largest sites in the world), among others.

Oh, I have no doubt that they’re trollin’ the everlovin’ bleep out of liberals. Still, it’s only effective because liberals, in their insane, nonstop-pursuit of race baiting, have conflated the a-okay symbol for the white power gesture.

If flashing the a-okay gesture continues to make overprivileged white liberals have melt downs, I’m all for it. Just don’t mistake your confusion and hysteria for actual widespread racism; that exists solely within the wishful thinking of your minds.

No debate. Off to the Pit.

What are people from a Russian State propaganda channel doing in the Briefing Room in the first place?

Just because they report what happened doesn’t make them “fake news”. What’s the 'fake news"? That a woman claimed the OK sign means white supremacy? How can it be fake news if that’s what happened?

Liberals didn’t make this a “white power” signal. Racists did. It’s not a pursuit of race baiting when you’re now acknowledging that it was actual race baiting.

Look. I know what they were doing, they know what they were doing and you know what they were doing, and now that you’ve admitted it and changed your story from your original argument, we can be done. Because we agree. These two, and their ilk, are just trolls. Racist trolls who are doing the racist equivalent of my five year old’s “I’m not touching you” routine only much less cute and considerably more pathetic.

That’s an “o” for “ofay,” a mid-20th century offensive term for white people. These guys are cannier than you thought!

I think anyone equating the OK sign with a white power gesture based on nothing more than the sign-maker being a right-winger is just plain silly. [*Qualifications below]

I think your linking to an unrelated article claiming that “Leftists are more likely to be mentally ill”, on what appears to be a right-wing “humor” site, is equally silly.
If Louder with Crowder is NOT intended to be a humor site, then it is the very epitome of fake news that you seem to so distain.

*The articles you linked to note that the “OK” sign *IS * in fact used by the Alt-right.
The cheezy-grinning “OK” sign-flashers seem to be making the gesture with the remaining fingers spread out, W-like, as used by the Alt-right/white-power troglodytes.
Could be coincidence/conjecture. Could be intentional. Depends on who’s using it and under what circumstances.
Whether people should take offence depends on the intent. To wit . . .

OK, now you’re saying they’re intending the gesture to be interpreted not as an innocuous “OK” but as an assholish gesture?
And you still think leftists are dumb for getting bent out of shape over it?
You’re a silly, silly sausage.

Is this that frog shit again? God damn you, Donald Trump!

Yeah. These white supremacists are not the brightest bunch.

Look, if they want to have their little white supremacist circle jerks out in the woods somewhere where they tell each other all the great stuff that white people have done (not themselves, mind you, but people roughly the same skin shade), then that’s fine. But when they are invited to the fucking White House and do this shit, and the white supremacist in chief doesn’t have shit to say about it, then, yeah, getting outraged seems about right.

So, the OP should have been titled: White woman has appropriate reaction to racists invited by the president flashing white supremacy signs in the White House without repurcussion.

This incomprehensible, dribbling, oral excreta can only signal one thing: the return of village idiot derekmichaels00.

The meaning of a sign or symbol can change or even differ within different contexts. In certain countries, the US “ok” hand sign means “asshole”.

Which seems particularly appropriate here.

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, looking at the join date and the facile use of the linky function screams “BANNED FORMER TROLL!” to me.

The internet was a mistake.