Owners Manual for women

Leave that magic marker on there cause at day care you want only you kid to use that blanket otherwise them get the flu or a cold.
see if you staying home with a flu stricken kid costs you more than a blanket does.

Whoa, territoriality issues…Tenspeed, unless you usually purchase housewares, your wife probably viewed this as “her” area. It’d be like is she used your favorite phillips screwdriver to stir a can of paint. Okay, it worked, it’d clean up, but…

Hey, this ain’t worth agonizing. Win the mental war. Spring for a mushy card, and maybe some flowers, then apologize meekly. “Gee, honey, I know how busy you are but I guess I didn’t help the right way. I’m really sorry you’re upset.”

Then watch her melt and for at least 6 months, you could mix plaster in her best roasting pan if you want. (It’d help if you fixed the stucco with it, though.)

But think about territoriality stuff the next time you’re hogging the remote, hmmm?

Veb

I don’t know why, but my first thought was “I know tenspeed didn’t do anything wrong. I know it deep down in my heart. But the blanket is ruined.”

:::sits down on floor, lights candles, begins new mantra:::

ohmmm…the blanket is fine…ohmmm…the blanket is fine…ohmmm…

One roll of toilet paper is just about the right size to fit inside one 5# coffee tin. Get contact paper (the sort used on shelves) that generally matches the bath decor, wrap/stick it around the coffe tin. Even if you only use coffee that you grind by hand, yourself (and it sound like your SO does just that), one of your friends or neighbors is sufficiently uncouth as to buy the big cans of coffee and they just throw the things out anyway. Remember to keep the plastic resealable lid so that no one can gasp see the toilet paper roll, then place the decorative tin behind the toilet or in the back corner.

Tom~

I know what you mean, Cristi! My first instinct upon reading the incident was to get angry! And it’s not even my blanket! My brain started thinking, “If my husband ever did that…” Of course, I do realize that this thinking is completely insane but I can’t help it! I have a headache…

Born O.K. the first time…

If you are born again, do you have two belly-buttons?

I must have a defective woman gene. As long as they weren’t brand new (and he didn’t mark any with especially cute baby designs), I wouldn’t have seen anything wrong with it.

Your Official Cat Goddess since 10/20/99.

“We are here! You are saved!” --R. & F.

Tom, your wisdom never ceases to amaze me !

Tenspeed: Another solution pops up. Tell your honeybun that you’ll make it up by buying NEW sheets (for you two). Let her pick em, tell her you just didn’t know much about that kind of stuff, and then gallantly offer to help break em in…

[Tenspeed: Another solution pops up. Tell your honeybun that you’ll make it up by buying NEW sheets (for you two). ]

enough time may have past to bury this, for a while at least. I think this could reignite the problem unless she really feels like she has been heard. Just my opinion.

tomndebb, thanks for the suggestion. This is just what we have in my family’s cabin! However, I averted the situation by purchasing a very nice decorative basket with a lid. Toilet paper is now stored in there. SO made the suggestion that we get some nicely colored hand towels, roll them up neatly, and stick them in one side of the basket, poking up so that people could see them. I have now renamed SO “The Martha Stewart of Small-Town Colorado.”

My life is about to change, big time. He moves in sometime in February. It oughta be interesting…

Athena, act quickly. Your SO must read the following thread entirely within 3 hours or it will all go horribly wrong :wink:
http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/002331.html

P.S. He doesn’t press wild flowers, does he ??

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

[rant]
I hope I’m not coming off as rude here, but the general gist of opinions here- “The woman is right, you must suck up to her for making her mad, you touched her stuff” is disheartening to me. I don’t mean to pick on TV’s post here, but I can’t get over this:

This can’t be serious. Where in the marriage vows does it say you have to cower to a “bellowing spouse” (as noted in the OP)? I guess I don’t henpeck my husband enough. We’ve been together 7 years now, he frequently drives me batshit (and I do the same to him), but neither of us has ever felt we had to “bow down” to the other. A simple apology is all that MAY be in order. Mushy card? Meek apology? For writing on a blanket and a sheet?

Wow, I must be missing something in my life. Like power struggles. Don’t they get tiring? Annoying? Don’t people get resentful for having to kiss someones ass for making a mistake? [/rant]

Love is like popsicles…you get too much you get too high.

Not enough and you’re gonna die…
Click here for some GOOD news for a change Zettecity

Y’know, Coldfire, the funny thing about SO is that, in most ways, he’s the personification of the Guy Thread. Former high school wrestler, very much a jock (bike racer, used to run marathons up mountains), now is lifting weights 3 times a week and scared the shit out of my 21 year old cousin’s friends when he jokingly told him he was going to “take this discussion outside.” But then he’s got this other side that wants to decorate my house. It’s very disconcerting to be discussing what kind of drapes we’ll be getting for the living room between him screaming at the football game and drinking beer.

Zette: your point is well taken; no, I didn’t mean that seriously. AOL (fie, curses, hiss, boo) was dumping me off about every 5 minutes so I rushed through posting this–and not well.

My only point was that men and women get irrational about different things. Cutting the other some gentle slack for gender weirdness can help a lot. F’rinstance, if a woman annoyed the man by gunking up his favorite screwdriver, I’d give similiar advice: make him a terrific dinner, apologize all over the place and generally make peace.

Everybody has quirks and spots of total irrationality. It’s just a nice opportunity to “celebrate the differences” and go on.

Veb

Changed my mind, I am not fixing the stucco!

Not so fast, you mucko!

" Varium et mutabile per semper femina et tenspeedjohn "

Coldfire

Aw BLOW ME! Don’t you even give women, all women, everywhere, some kinda bad rap just because YOUR woman blew a fucking gasket over nothing. Fuck me running but this is getting old! Just because I, and every other woman on the fucking planet, have the same reproductive equipment doesn’t mean we all react the same fucking way!

So you wrote on something. So? And someone used old towels. So? And let’s not EVEN get into tools or auto repair: I doubt, seriously, there is a man out here (unless he does this for a living) that knows more about tools or home repair or auto repair than I do.

Gender bender? Sure, okay. Survival? More like it. Silly how sometimes, men and women get bent over the stupidest shit! Get a grip! Marker on a sheet? Oh, the fucking HORROR! Using an old towel? Oh, the HUMANITY!

Dear GOD! Where do MEN get off?! I say we take them all out and just shoot them now because they will NEVER get it… oh, wait, I’m on the other side… Fuck the WOMEN! Let’s take them all out and shoot them and… oh, wait, that would include me… uh, shit.

Let’s just all try to get along and see things for what they are. Ask yourself: In five years (hell, five minutes) will this REALLY matter? No.

So, who’s up for BBQ and some hot sex? :wink:

(For the humor impaired the preceding was a joke. If you don’t get it, check your sex… still confused? Well, tough shit! Get a grip!)

Best!
Byz

As demonstrated above, the worst thing about women is PMS.

Coldfire

Coldfire – “You know how complex women are”

Well, like, DUH! And your point was? Oh, yeah, okay.

Best!
Byz

Oh dear Byzzy,

I’m just posting as much as possible in this thread because my sig line had never been more appropriate :wink:

Do you still love me ? I, for one, kiss you !

Coldfire

Coldfire – love? We aren’t even out of the hot sex stage you are talking about LOVE?! You just want to come over here and write on my laundry, don’t you! :wink: