Oxford Knee Surgery in the USA?

My Dad is in pretty bad shape. His knees have degraded to the point where he simply cannot walk anymore. He has been told his knees need replacing, and it has been suggested to him that a new procedure, Oxford knee replacement, is his best bet. However, the waiting list here for such procedures is growing by the day; it used to be a six month wait and now they’re saying a year.

Where can I find a clinic in the United States that performs this surgery, or preferably a list of clinics? Living in agony for a year or so isn’t looking like a very good option.

I don’t know what you mean exactly by “Oxford knee replacement” but…

Total knee replacement is done routinely by Orthopedic Clinics in almost it not all large cities in the U.S. and many smaller cities.

Knoxville Orthopaedic Clinic, in Knoxville, TN specializes in several total joint replacement procedures. Knees and hips are the most common. Surgery plus hospital expense plus recovery therapy and accomodations for the period to be able to return to Canada would be a BIG expense. Look for <http://www.kocortho.com/koc/spec/joint.html>