oysters

I have heard (from a most unreliable source) that there is a Caribbean breed of oyster which has the ability to climb trees. Can this be true? If so, do they hop up the tree trunk on their one foot? It’s a ghastly sight to imagine. Please enlighten.

Climb trees? No.

But there is a group of mollusks called Mangrove Oysters, which are only distantly related to true oysters. The mangrove oysters attach themselves to the roots of mangrove trees which grow along the shores of manny Caribbean islands. At low tide I can imagine they look like they are trying to climb out of the ocean…

Dr. Fidelius, Charlatan
Associate Curator Anomalous Paleontology, Miskatonic University
“You cannot reason a man out of a position that he did not reach through reason.”

Well if prarie squid can do it, I don’t think it’d be a problem for those, what kind of oysters did you call 'em?

Bug:

The Prairie Squid are absolutely dependant upon herds of Jackalope for survival. The Caribbean Mangrove Oysters have no such symbiote. However, the American Mountain Oyster has a very special relationship with the common Bearded Clam. But that has nothing to do with the original question.

Dr. Fidelius, Charlatan
Associate Curator Anomalous Paleontology, Miskatonic University
“You cannot reason a man out of a position that he did not reach through reason.”

DrFid:
Aren’t you confusing the common Bearded Clam with the lesser American Harpie?

The difference is that the common, or garden-variety Bearded Clam makes excellent Hairy Pie, however the American Harpie is not suited for such fare.

It only hurts when I laugh.