Paging Dr. Gannon . . . TV Hunks from Your Childhood

It was The Big Valley.

My faves (at the time, the thought of them now makes me gag:)

David Cassidy
Bobby Sherman
Barry Williams (Greg from the Brady Bunch)
and Donny Osmond.

Fortunately, my taste in men matured and now I find such gentlemen as Patrick Stewart and the older Pernell Roberts much more impressive.

I was a Kevin Tighe person myself.
[homer] mmmmmm Roy [/homer]

My very first crush was for Bob on Sesame Street. Go fig

Eve, I flew from Atlanta to L.A. with Monte Markham in January, he is very charming and he was great with my son. (sigh)

My Big Valley man was Nick. I tease my son by telling him that I named him after that show – that I wanted him to be a big, hairy studly man like Nick Barkley. I would tickle his ribs and make my voice real deep when I said “studly.” My Nick, now that he is 14, no longer finds this as enchanting as he did when he was 4… But I still do it, now and again, just to mess with him. Kids are fun to mess with.

I also liked Adam on Bonanza – no pansy-ass Little Joe for me!

And the oldest brother on Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Everyone else loved the nauseating Bobby Sherman.

And (this one is a little embarassing) the Captain from The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.

Lnix, it’s nice to know Monte (sigh!) Markham is both sweet ‘n’ hot.

Oooo, how could I forget Ron Ely as “Tarzan?”

TV Hunks?
Well…Gilligan. The professor wasn’t half bad neither. And Davy Jones, he of the Monkees fame.

By the way…I still think of these guys as hunks. And I didn’t grow up during the sixties or anything…I’m sixteen now…:slight_smile:

Ooooh, Jess, you’re right—Robert Brown from “Here Come the Brides” WAS gorgeous! Wonder whatever happened to him, I never saw him in anything else.

Janes Brolin as Dr. Steve Kiley on Marcus Welby, M.D.

Larry Wilcox (I think that’s his name), Eric Estrada’s sidekick, from CHiPs. He was a cutie.