Papa John's just can't help but shoot themselves in the butt.

I dunno… it just didn’t seem materially different than a frozen pizza to me. Not actively bad, mind you, just sort of pointless- if I wanted convenience I’d get a frozen pizza or order one. If I wanted really good, I’d make it myself. This seemed like the worst of all worlds- you have to go get it, and you have to bake it yourself, but it doesn’t keep indefinitely like a frozen pizza will. And it’s fair-to-middling as far as the flavor is concerned.

I’m sure that Papa Murphy’s does adjust their recipe to account for cooler ovens, but there’s bound to be some tradeoffs involved in that.

No it this special type of pan that helps with their crust. We have two in our area both with the five dollar fav and Tuesday special.

The AP says

No link yet; it’s a breaking news banner.

About time. That asshole has been an anchor on the company for years. It’s not bad enough they make shitty pizza - they also have (had) a racist douchebag as Chairman.

CNN reported it 9 hours ago, apparently.

30 minutes ago a story got posted that says he resigned from the Board of Trustees of the University of Louisville, too.

I thought I read about him being forced out a couple of weeks ago.

ETA: Left his CEO position on New Year’s Day.

[Moderating]
I’m going to rule that that’s a separate topic from the OP, and should be discussed in another thread. Specifically, a thread in GD or (if you think it necessary) the Pit.

I think that this thread has run the course of its topic, so I’m going to close it. If anyone has anything more to add on the topic of the food quality or delivery policies of Papa John’s, PM me and I might re-open it.