Pardon My apparent fucking ignorance but...

D’Oh! You’ll have to excuse my TV/pop culture ignorance. I’ve never watched The Simpsons. Or Angel, or * Friends*, or Queer Eye or South Park or …

I did kinda’ like Buffy though. Is there still hope for me?

I’m terribly sorry, but I’m afraid I’m going to have to shoot you, then.

According to my last statement I’m up 19.6% for the past year and that’s with a diversified portfolio weighted toward the conservative. Rethink your vehicles. Some of us are making money.

I’m with lieu (not literally, of course). cough Anyway.

My portfolio’s weighted towards the suicidally aggressive holdings and I’ve been making a pretty decent amount of money for the last year and a half or so.

Maybe you should switch 401k providers…

While the OP is pining for more funds.

Y’know, I’ve got to quit taking the thread titles so literally. I thought it was, in fact, quite unpardonable that a chap called “Norwegian Blue” should be ignorant about fucking…

BWAAAHAAHAAAH!

Sorry. Now that I’ve spewed coffee all over my keyboard, I can assure you it’s not fucking ignorance; it’s funding ignorance. But he’s real frustrated nonetheless! It must be especially appalling considering the fact that I’ve been contributing roughly the same amount to my Fidelity 401(k) for only three years, lost on everything for the entire first year, and I’ve now got about half of what he’s got. And I’ve got stock options!

Hell, I figure he’s been supporting me all these years. Maybe it will be my turn in our golden years. But, dear, all I have to say is this: keep expanding your Bisquik recipe archive. :wink:

A couple of years ago Standard Insturance made a very similar argument in literature sent out to all of the folks with retirements plans with them, including one of their bigger clients Boyd’s Coffee. Needless to say a coffee compnay was not very amused at having their employees being told to stop buying coffee :smack:

Mjolner

Wait a minute! That’s my line! I’ve been saying it for years.

Unfortunately, the older I get, the truer it looks. :frowning:

CJ

I hadn’t thought of that. Wonder if I’ll get the same email…hehe.

Wonder how Fidelity would like it if Dunkin’ Donuts and Starbucks started telling their customers to stop contributing to their 401(k)s since the economy is in the toilet anyway. At least we’re not gonna give your latte/krueller to someone else, ya know.*

Come to think of it, quite a few of our customers are in finance. They must know something they’re not telling. Hmmm…

• I know. I know. If you’re getting investment advice from a cashier at *$ or DD, you’ve only yourself to blame.