Parents and children playing parents and children

I did a cursory search to see if this has been done before and didn’t find anything, so here goes.

I caught a bit of “Wall Street” yesterday, wherein Martin Sheen plays Charlie Sheen’s father. What other movies/TV shows/whatever feature real life parents playing their real life children’s parents?

The Nelson’s (Ozzie and Harriet (parents) Ricky and David (sons)) were a real-life family who played one on The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet

On The Partridge Family, Shirley Jones played David Cassidy’s mother. In real life, Shirley Jones was David Cassidy’s stepmother.

Martin Sheen shows up as Charlie Sheen’s father all the time. Pretty much any movie they’re in together has them playing father and son.

Triple-play!

It Runs In The Family had Kirk Douglas playing Michael Dougas’s father and Diana Douglas playing his mother, as well as having Cameron Douglas playing Michael Douglas’s son and Kirk and Diana Douglas’s grandson. Which is some kind of Hollywood Nepotism Nirvana or something…

Patty Duke was Sean Astin’s mother in Please Don’t Hit Me, Mom.

I think it would be tough for them to appear in a film together and not play some kind of relatives, considering the startling resemblance!

Jon Voight and Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider.

In the BBC series Jam & Jerusalem (released in the US as Clatterford) has Jennifer Saunders real daughters playing her own daughters. Her character talks about a made-up son and a made-up husband (she’s married to Ade Edmondson) but she’s always bickering with her real life teenage girls.

In Cadence, they weren’t related, even though IIRC when Martin went nuts at the end of the movie he kept calling Charlie his son.

And in an odd twist, when Martin showed up in 2.5 Men, he played Charlie’s stalker’s father, and wound up stalking Charlie’s mother.

Obligatory clip of Martin playing Charlie.

Bob Elliott has played Chris Elliott’s father in the movie “Cabin Boy” and in the TV show “Get a Life.”

Henry Fonda and daughter Jane in On Golden Pond.

Will and Jaden Smith in “The Pursuit of Happyness.”

The superpopular kidcom Hannah Montana features Billy Ray and Miley Ray (née Destiny Hope) Cyrus as father and daughter.

In a little bit different take on the OP in The Ten Commandments Charlton Heston played Moses of course, but the part of the baby Moses was played by Frasier Heston. Later on, in the mini-series Moses the Lawgiver Burt Lancaster played the older Moses, and his son played Moses as a young man.

Judy Garland and Liza Minnelli in In the Good Old Summertime (for a single shot).

Ryan and Taum O’Neal in Paper Moon.

Susan Sarandon and Eva Amurri played mother/daughter in The Banger Sisters. (Bad movie. Don’t watch it.)

Chips Fields appeared The Facts of Life, playing Kim Fields’ mother.