Parents beat coach - WTF?

Link.

:eek:

I hope the beaters get nice, long prison sentences, and their children are taken by the State and sent to live with sane people.

Well, that explains it. You didn’t mention that he was a rugby coach.
They probably just thought it was an invitational scrum.

My understanding from the article I saw was that the brother of the opposing coach assaulted the referee and this guy intervened to help until police came along, then the opposing coach and some parents beat him senseless. Teach him to side with the refs. :rolleyes:

I must apologize to my friends in Texas for assuming that this thread was going to be about Texas football.

It’s Rugby. I’m certain alcohol wasn’t involved. insert sarcasm smiley here

It was high school girls rugby, and in Califirnia, so that’s what…probably a nice Chardonnay they’d have on the sidelines?

Damn, this happened in a town about 5 minutes away from me. I assure you there was probably plenty of beer there. You just don’t get scrappin’ drunk off of Chardonnay. :smiley:

I’d guess a year’s probation a fine, and some damages to the coach.

The children probably will not be taken away.

I can’t click on the link (weird internet-at-work-issues) but I grew up in Petaluma so now you’re got me curious. Where was it?

Rohnert Park.

Small world, my S.O. grew up in Petaluma.

Rohnert Park, apparently.

Ah, Rohnert Park. Truly, the ghetto of Sonoma County (well, except for Demo’s neighborhood). Okay, that’s not saying much.

Ref: If they want to drink Merlot, we’re drinking Merlot.
RP coach’s brother: No, if anyone orders Merlot, I’m leaving. I am NOT drinking any fucking Merlot!
<smack>

They’re forced to drink Two-Buck Chuck, and some of their SUVs are up to four years old?

According to ZZ…

Pass the word
Thunderbird

Never mind… California, not Tejas. :smack:

Well, since someone probably has an in at one of the wineries, they probably don’t have to drink Two-Buck Chuck.