Passing Out - The Game

Someone tried this on me at a party when I was in high school.

“Dude, you gotta check this out, it’s better than getting high!”. I don’t remember if my arms had to be in any special position, but I was instructed to “take the biggest breath you can and hold it as long as you can”. Then the biggest guy at the party came up behind me, wrapped his arms around me, and lifted me off the ground. The air whooshed out of my lungs and I nearly blacked out. I was on my hands and knees gasping, when the first guy comes up to me, laughing.
“Dude! Isn’t that the coolest thing you’ve ever experienced?”
“huruggh”
“Dude, you want to go again”
I motioned him closer, and he bent down next to me.
Dude, if you ever do that to me again, you better make sure it kills me, otherwise I am going to beat you to death with my bare hands”
“Well, damn! What’s wrong with you?” <walks off muttering>

I’d never even heard of the game, or anything similar, until a teenager in the area died a couple of years ago when playing it alone.

A fatal game

Yeah, that neck compression/choking/hanging method is crazy. Ours was stupid, but I like to think it wasn’t insanely suicidal.

I did it once in a summer camp using a similar method as the OP. This was a summer camp that had scuba diving, and a kid did it before going on a dive. The guide was NOT pleased.

And to no one’s surprise… I show up here.

Most people are afraid to try it. But once I convinced some friends (whom do/done drugs) to try it they thought it was awesome. Though, not something they want to do often.

That whole “wrap the arms around you” method seems pretty crazy to me. I remember doing this once. It wasn’t very comfortable and the feeling wasn’t as great when awaking.

The way I’ve always done it was like this.

Sit down on the edge of a bed.
Lean forward with your head nearly up-side-down.
Take big breaths for about 30 seconds or 10 deep breaths.
Have a friend be ready in front of you.
Take a big breath in, then stand quickly.
Your friend would immediately apply pressure to the sides of your neck. Not really chocking, but pinching the side of the neck with your whole hand. Not covering the throat. And not a lot of pressure. You just have to have the right feel for it.
You should then slowly exhale while that person slowly laid you back on the bed.
A this point you’re blacked out.
You’ll be out for about 5-10 seconds.

The feeling you get when awaking is like an orgasm over your entire body that lasts a good 10 seconds. Very tingly like laughing gas. Sometimes the added hallucinative feeling from the dream (you will go into a dream state most times) will add to this effect.

I personally have done this more than 50 times when the occasion is right and have had friends request me to do it for them (maybe 40 different people). All cases are the same. I haven’t had anything weird happen yet. I won’t say I won’t ever do this again, but it’s not something I suggest. I’m a little crazy. If you don’t know what you’re doing or don’t know the risk you’re taking, don’t do it. People will often convince you to try it because it is “harmless”… Don’t buy it. But hey, it’s your life. Do whatever the hell you want with it.

Glad I found this, it’s difficult to find information about this on the internet as everyone calls it something different.

We call squeezing someone’s neck a ‘neckie’ and hugging someone from behind, pulling tight while they hold their breath a squeeze.

Me and my friends use drugs such as ecstasy ketamine and LSD, we often perform squeezes and neckies on each other while we are on more than one drug, and do them repeatedly, one after the other on the same person. The dreams and disorientation adds an amazing new feeling to buzz…

It’s a shame they’re so dangerous !

I imagine this problem will correct itself, in the long run.

I miss my Johnny Switchblade action figure! And don’t get me started about Bag O’ Glass!

So far, with all the knowledgeable discussion here, that has not been demonstrated. Except for one or two posts describing people who did it unsupervised, is there any evidence that anyone has ever been harmed as a direct result of this as a social activity?