Paul Harvey's wife died

How sad.

I know he’s been off the air for awhile, and now we know why. They’ve been married for 68 years.

I fear Paul will miss his Angel too much to stick around much longer. :frowning:

Was she with Bernadette Peter’s husband on the helicopter?

I guess I’ve been whooshed, but no, she had leukemia.

As much as I disagree with Paul’s political philosophy, you’ve got to give him credit for being able to keep a marriage for so long. I can’t imagine the grief he must be feeling now. My sympathies to the Harvey family.

His wife was apparently quite the pioneer. She was credited with inventing the “kicker” and was the first producer to be inducted in the National Radio Hall of Fame.

Wouldn’t be surprised. Dude’s 90 years old. I was surprised to learn he’s still alive.

That too, but I’ve also found that spouses who have been married for an extremely long time tend not to survive each other very long.

God, I grew up listening to his The Rest of the Story. He must have a sweet contract with ABC.

I honestly thought he was dead also. I’m sorry for his loss, and I’m sure he’s a nice guy in person, but on a professional level (his profession) I detest the man for the amount of misinformation, ULs and right wing propaganda he perpetrated as truth over the years.