Pelosi's Palatial Plane Preference: Piggishness or Republican Pablam?

The Repubs pounded this line over and over yesterday. It was a clear example of Democratic love of spending and expansion of government. It was not a story of her living farther away. They ran with it.

Eh. I specifically said it wasn’t my main point, so save your sarcasm. The point is that this story was picked up by the MSM because they were all there when it happened, not because someone on the right “pushed” it on them.

John, the story being covered once, and the story becoming a talking point that gets further and extended play and discussion is just not the same thing. Sorry.

Well, I won’t divert the discussion in this thread any further, but “the story” didn’t get extended play in the MSM. It was talked about for a day or two, and then dropped off the radar. So, no, it isn’t “the same thing” as, for instance, the Pelosi story. The “right wing” had nothing to do with when or how much the MSM reported on the Clinton story.

You mean besides the fact that the new speaker lives over 1000 miles further away from DC from the old?

Her problem was that Murtha wanted to throw his weight around without telliong her, got her bad press, and now she’s not able to complain because she needs his support on real issues.

That’s what made his guarantee ironclad.

It wouldn’t be “common practice” in this situation. USAF does what it thinks it needs to do in the cause of security. Civillian lightplane legal reserves (which don’t have much real meaning even to those of us who know how useless lightplane fuel gauges are) are irrelevant here. Nobody here can obtain the flight-planning numbers that actually apply in this case.

You really do need to stop trusting the Washington Times as unquestioningly as Fox News does. You have been shown the facts already; why must you continue spreading this falsehood?

The Fight Against Ignorance is a necessary one. Part of it is exposing smears, such as this one, for what they are.

wasn’t aware she lived in Paris.

You’re aware that the United States is, you know, a fair ways across, right?

The supposed Pelosi actions as to the type of airplane never happened. Even White House spokesman, Tony Snow says that the hooha is bunk.

You’re aware there are airports along the way that can top off a G-III and whatever champagne refills are needed.

Wouldn’t want the queen of green to have to fuel stop a gas guzzling luxury jet when an even more inefficient one is available.

Good goddamn, are you serious? Have you read the many links in this thread pointing out that this was not Pelosi’s request? Do you think the White House is so buddybuddy with Pelosi that they’re desperate to cover for her? What strange twisted logic do you use to account for all the facts in evidence?

Daniel

Oh my God. Someone on this board is actually stupid enough to believe this RNC crap. Unbelievable! :eek:

Well I’m just confused. Al Gore is circumnavigating the globe to preach the gospel of doom but the leader of the same party doesn’t seek out the least damaging form of travel. She’s either a hypocrite or a liar. Pick one.

Well fuck you too, and the luxury aircraft your candidate rode in on.

Al Gore and Nancy Pelosi, despite their striking resemblence to each other, are in fact two different people. How can Al Gore’s actions make Nancy Pelosi into a hypocrite?

I don’t have to pick one, since she’s neither. It’s been pointed out multiple times in this thread that she made no such request (and even if she did, what would Al Gore’s activities have to do with Pelosi? Does everything John McCain do reflect on Dubya?), and that it was the Sergeant-at-Arms of the House that initiated these proceedings. I can only conclude that you are willfully ignorant at this point.

I am sorry Magiver, What part of IT WAS NOT HER REQUEST did you miss?

The common denominator is Democratic Party (which I refered to) which espouses reductions in green house gases and is against drilling for oil. It’s not a big deal unless you surrounded the wagons and make excuses. Then it’s funny. It’s funny because a Republican used a G-III, and all of a sudden it’s not good enough. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you. Make excuses and the whole world laughs at you.

Deal with the fact that a seasoned congresswoman got her hand caught in the perks cookie jar. It’s not a crime, it’s just funny.