Penis size matters + 'times' you have sex?

No,no, I’m not talking about myself, just the general subject.

First of all, I can’t imagine that penis size does not matter. First, if it’s too small the woman can’t feel it and if it’s too big, you can’t do much with it. I suppose some of the woman readers would like to clear up this?

Number two: When people/scientists/Etc talk about how many times a person has sex, what does this refer to? How is a ‘time’ defined?
If a couple has sex four times a month, does this mean the man orgasmed 4 times on 4 seperate occassions? Doesn’t the woman’s orgasm count? If they go at it for 5 minutes, rest, go at it another 5 minutes and the man finally comes, does this constitute having sex once or twice? What if they have sex for 5 minutes, 10 times in one day but neither has an orgasm, does this count for anything?

If you count only the time where both have an orgasm, the count will likely be much lower. I would say it is every time a sexual act is performed with a rest period in between. That is all the fore play acts do not count as different times of having sex. But if one has oral sex and then sleeps or watches t.v. or something and then later has intercourse then that they had sex two times.

I guess it depends on the counter, but that is the way I look at it.

Jeffery

I think you’re thinking too much…

Reminds me of a joke I heard about three guys on a train together. They started some small talk an wound up talking about how tired they were, and it was because they were each up having sex all night.

“I had sex with my wife three times,” one guy said.

“Well, I had sex with MY wife five times,” the second guy said.

The third guy is silent, but when prodded, he finally said," I has sex with my wife once last night."

They looked at him and started to laugh. “So tell me, how tired can you be?” one of them said.

“Pretty tired - We started at midnight and stopped when I had to get on this train!”

The point is that we are too busy keeping score (You came three times? Ha! I win the orgasm cup! 3-0!) and not spending enough time just enjoying the experience…

Isn’t that what it’s all about, anyway? Well, okay, there’s that procreation thing… But you get my point! It’s all about pleasure - both giving it and receiving it…

As for the penis size thing, most of the women I have been with mentioned I was larger than average, and they liked that. But more often then not, they spokre more glowingly about my tongue, fingers and (best of all) my imagination and devotion to their every whim. Way cooler to hear than “well, your cock was big,” and far more genuine…

A big dick will only get you so far, boys…

Though I am reminded of one of the best sex jokes I ever heard. To wit, “Wouldn’t you love to track down the girl you first had sex with? That way you can do it again and show her how good you’ve got at it?”

Brian O’Neill
CMC International Records
www.cmcinternational.com

ICQ 35294890
AIM Scrabble1
Yahoo Messenger Brian_ONeill

There are two reasons size doesn’t matter. One has already been addressed, the important aspect of lovemaking is pleasuring your partner and yourself. You have more than one “tool” at your disposal, so any shortcoming in one department can be made up with by another. Second, no one ever seems to take into account that WOMEN (and their vaginas) come in as many shapes and sizes as men and their penises. What may be too small for one woman, may be just right or even too large for another. Better to not worry about it and hope you luck out and get a match, or sharpen your other skills for a well-rounded sexual experience.

http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000504.html

Two more reasons size doesn’t matter:
The vagina is very elastic, so it can stretch to make a snug fit for most variations in size. Also there are muscles ringing the entrance to the vagina & muscles around the vagina itself, which should relax or contract to fit the penis. There can be a problem where these muscles are either too tight or too loose. However, when either of these problems are present, almost men will be “the wrong size” - a doctor should be consulted to help with the problem.

Heh, heh. Somebody named “handy” wants to know if size matters. And, he wants to know how to keep score. Forgive my smugness–but how old are you (I haven’t read any of your other posts); any money bet here in the varsity locker room? You feel the need to quantify yourself–don’t you? I think you received some legitimate answers, if you really wanted them. You might have a point though, my brother was roommates with four ~20 yr. old girls some years ago and they had the tendency to flash the pinky finger among themselves when discussing particular guys. Meaning the obvious. A more appropriate question would be: is this typical behavior and how long does this attitude last (in age? if typical)? Any comments? As to what constitutes a sexual encounter, I think most adults would recognize them. How you want to keep score is your business.

dasmoocher, I’d say youre way off line here, and you should consult other posts before casting aspersions.

As for the questions at hand, I’d love to know too. In numerous conversations I’ve come to the conclusion that there is no concensus that can be reached regarding the first question. The closest I’ve gotten is size matters to a point. Too big or too small are bad, but he extremes mentioned are quite extreme. Estimates are like less than 4" and more than 7-8" are bad, but this varies woman to woman. So I’d say it matters if your beyond these extremes, but anything in the middle is equal.

As for the second, this frustrates me when magazines ranging from Science to beauty give statisics, charts, surveys, or polls they give no defintions explaining the results and the critera in the catagories. This is the flaw with all the sex polls I’ve read. They say time you’ve had sex, but don’t usually even specify if they mean oral/coital/anal or define limitations. I suspect that they leave interperetation up to the people polled, and there in lies the statistical skeptisism. Any one ever worked in a statistical job who can shed some light in here?

Okay if we are going to tell jokes about the number of times.

There was this guy who had just returned from his honeymoon. Both he and his wife had been virgins before they were married. He was talking with a couple of this male friends. They asked him to tell them about his honemoon. He said the first night, they did it three times. The second night they did it eight times and the third night they did it 19 times. The guys were naturally impressed and asked how he was able to do it 19 times. (Beginning thrusting his pelvic area he counts 1,2,3,…).

He counted the number of pumps not the number of separate sexual activities.

I personally do not keep count, I am more in agreement with Satan (I can’t believe I keep doing this, can you change your name Satan?)

Jeffery

No.

Though I am reminded of one of the best sex jokes I ever heard. To wit, “Wouldn’t you love to track down the girl you first had sex with? That way you can do it again and show her how good you’ve got at it?”>>>>
Brian O’Neill

That’s easy for me. She sleeps next to me every night, and has for the last 15 years. And she raves about how good I’ve gotten at it.

SoxFan59
“Its fiction, but all the facts are true!”

A fair question dasmoocher, Im actually in the 40+ set. Often you’ll see questions from me that seem from a younger set. It’s mostly because they are questions that hearing people get answered early but since Im deaf, I still need the answers. Also, some things in the hearing culture are obscure and need definition.

Deaf people would deal with these things on a much more graphical basis, where such definitions are already done.

Here comes my wrench into the machine.

I have discussed the size issue with quite a few of my girlfriends (yes, we compare). Each and everyone of them agree with me that the “size doesn’t matter” statement was created by a guy with a teeny, weeny, pee pee.

Size DOES matter!

(1) I want to feel the man I am with to the extent that it is enjoyable as opposed to a slight tickle. A man who is small is okay, sorta, but nothing to write home about no matter how much magic is in his wand. I can’t help but feel a sense of disappointment when after the sexual build-up of a new relationship and all the visualization of how it will be, he pulls out a vienna sausage. :smiley:

(2) A penis that is too big (more specifically, too long) can be painful in certain positions, but there usually are ways to work around that.

(3) Small is better when it comes to oral sex on a man.

(4) I have to agree that an experienced tongue can more than compensate for a small penis.

>^,^<
KITTEN

Coarse and violent nudity. Occasional language.

One of my friends told me about a guy he dated… they ended up going to bed, and they commenced to… well, suffice it to say that my friend was unaware that penetration had occurred. Size doesn’t matter as much as technique, but it DOES matter, especially at the “extreme end of the spectrum”.

I agree with Diane. Size does matter, but only to a degree. Anything within the normal range is fine. But I’ve had too big (in girth) which I found uncomfortable, and too small in girth, which left much to be desired.
However, there is no way to say ‘x’ inches is the right size. Vaginas vary in size as well (you guys know this—how about all those jokes about tying a board to your ass?), so it’s more a matter of both partners fitting than the size of either one.
If I had to chose between two ill-fitting penises, though, I’d chose the smaller. I could strengthen my vaginal muscles to compensate, and we could work with various positions and pay special attention to all those other fun things. Too big, however, was far too uncomfotable for me and I don’t think I could stick with it long enough to stretch out those vaginal muscles. Another plus for the smaller penis: If I’m not especially in the mood, I don’t need to be, um, really lubed up to cope with the small one.
So, men, yes, size matters but only if your freakishly small or freakishly large.

“I think it would be a great idea” Mohandas Ghandi’s answer when asked what he thought of Western civilization

You think so? The most comfortable oral sex I’ve ever given was on a man who measures 10.5". And it’s more fun, too. I usually involve my mouth and both hands in various places. The actual sex part took some getting used to, but it got much better in a matter of a couple of months.

(I hope he’s not still lurking…he does on occasion)

I can’t believe I’m sharing this …
Oh, well:

Am I the only guy who notices a great variation in penis size depending on how horny I am. It varies … Oh I haven’t meassured but I guess almost two inches in length from normal humdrum everyday sex, two something not only longer, but considerable thicker if I get really steamed up.

Long foreplay works for men too. The bigger machine comes out after being teased for a hellish long time.

Maybe it’s age? I guess it was always at a premium 20 years ago, when there were so few opportunities to use it sigh

ct

I have noticed variations of size as well… To me it seems natural - the more excited, the more blood flows, the more expansion…

Plus, there are variations in size when NOT erect. Lord knows, I wouldn’t want a photo of me naked on a really cold day!

I’d also suggest use of a cock ring from time to time. It keeps the blood where it is and makes it a lot larger. It also delays orgasm (for me, anyway).

Okay, I think I have told way too much about my penis here… I think I’ll stop now…

Brian O’Neill
CMC International Records
www.cmcinternational.com

ICQ 35294890
AIM Scrabble1
Yahoo Messenger Brian_ONeill

I agree if we are talking about licking and other stimulating actions with the mouth and hands. But as far as continuous, deep throat suction, which a lot of guys like especially towards the point of no return, a large penis is harder to take deep into the throat.

Please say you don’t mean. . . . Uh. . .

George?

BTW - 10.5 inches??? DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! :smiley:

>^,^<
KITTEN

Coarse and violent nudity. Occasional language.

Well, if you’ll help me find my car keys, we can drive out of here.

Thank you, I’ll be here all week – and don’t forget to tip your waitress!

“Owls will deafen us with their incessant hooting!” W. Smithers