People famouse because of HOW they died...

wearing car geek hat

It wasn’t a Bugatti, it was an Amilcar. Google is giving me trillions of links correcting that in myriad languages.

Okay, just English, German, French, and Portuguese, but one of the English links cite Automobile Quarterly, which is good enough for me.

Bugatti, Amilcar…details, details; what’ya think we’re *doin’[‘i] here, fighting Ignorance or sumpin’?

'Scuse me while I blush a lot–and go looking for that Lizzie Borden camping hatchet.

Carry on; nothing to see here…

Veb

Have you seen the crime scene photo of Lizzie’s dad? Lord, she, or whoever (his illegitimate son?), DID give him 41 whacks! It was not an open casket funeral!

What about Sharon Tate, or for that matter, any of the Manson victims? She’d be another B-grade character actress were it not for the months of headlines about the murders, the TV movie, or the enduring interest in the Family?

Robin

Rebecca Schaeffer, the sitcom actress who was killed by a stalker.

On a local level, the twelve students killed in the Texas A&M bonfire collapse. I get teh strong feeling that A&M will make remembering their deaths a new yearly tradition.

I probably never would have heard of Jessica Savitch if she hadn’t died young.

Jean Baptiste Lully, a 17th century composer, is known among musicians mostly for being the guy who died after hitting himself in the foot with his baton while conducting.

Marat Sade the French Revolutionary who was killed in his bathtub and made into a famous painting.

:eek: That’s of course Jean Paul Marat.
(Marat/Sade is the play the Marquis de Sade performed about him.)

Eddie Waitkus, a baseball player who was killed by a stalker.

Ryan White, the hemophiliac kid who died of AIDS which he contracted from a tainted blood tranfusion. Of course, he was famous from the time he was diagnosed, but still wouldn’t have been famous otherwise.

This makes me puke, but Cassie Bernall, Miss “She said yes”. One of the Columbine victims who was asked, “Do you believe in God?” “Yes.” BANG! As many predicted, the Bible-thumpers immediately started canonizing her. Not that I lack sympathy for her parents, but she didn’t purposely sacrifice herself for her god; she just gave an answer when someone pointed a gun at her. Does anyone know the names of the other victims? No, because their last words weren’t press-worthy, so they didn’t get posthumous attention.

Kurt Cobain.

Elvis Presley–more popular than he should be

JFK–ditto

The rest of the Kennedy family.

Ain’t No Way To Go: knock yourselves out.

Warning: it’s not pleasant reading.

Just to be picky, Marat/Sade is a play by Pete Weiss about Sade putting on a play about Marat in the insane asylum he was incarerated in. Sade did write plays for his fellow inmates, but I’m not sure if any of them have survived.
How about…well i guess he’s not famous because i can’t remeber his name. His real name. The guy who was hanged for pretending to be Martin Guerre. And nobody would remember Martin Guerre’s name if it wasn’t for him (People who are famous because of how somebody else died?)