People You're Amazed Are Still Alive!

Umm… Shane MacGowan of the Pogues

eunoia…I don’t know how he’s made it for this long with those “broken” ribs he keeps whining about…

Heston. Him and Bob Hope.

Idi Amin

I dunno, UncaB, but if ya view the painting again, looks like the sheep are keeping their distance…

Not a celebrity to most but for some of us…

Back in the 1960’s and early 1970’s, my siblings and I used to go on nature walks with Mrs. Elizabeth Terwilliger. I always thought of her as being very, very, old and, by the time I was in my teens, long dead.

Imagine my stunned reaction when I heard she was still alive and active.

astro beat me to Shane MacGowan.

Photographer, Nan Goldin. Look at her work and with the understanding that it represents her lifestyle (at least prior to rehab).

Some of her “tribe” (the close knit group of friends), who are familiar from her photos, have died. She took self portraits of when she was beaten so badly by a boyfriend that she was almost blinded in one eye.

For some reason (perhaps because I was influenced by the fictitious story of the invented photographer in High Art), I’d assumed she’d died. I was shocked to read that she was alive and working in New York.

Me. And in fact 7 others with whom I started kindergarden in 1927.

Dead People Server

Damn. Someone beat me already to Strom Thurmond.

F_X

Am I the first to say **Karl Malden **? I saw him in a stamp collecting advocate catalog where he is a spokesperson and thought, “geez, he looks awful.”

Fay Wray surprised me just this past week, when I saw her do this funny little “letter to King Kong” thing on TCM. I thought she had died years ago.

Marlon Brando (b. 1924) - Folks who are that rotund usually don’t live to see their 78th birthday.

Betty Page
Eli Wallach
Richard Widmark
Harry Morgan
Archibald Cox
Yvonne DeCarlo
Kevin Seale - irritating MTV VJ, figured someone would have beat him to death by now. Same for Jesse Camp.
Certain former SNL cast members who have fallen off the more visible professional radar. Like Terry Sweeney, Charles Rocket, or Denny Dillon.
And a couple guys I knew in high school that other people had told me died.