People You're Amazed Are Still Alive!

Abe Vigoda.

Jack Lalane(sp?)

(gulp!) Magic Johnson.

Yes, I think he is still alive. I’ve seen him around La Jolla in the last couple of years, anyway.

Bob Hope, I could have sworn he was dead.

I thought W. Clement Stone had been dead for years. He died last month at age 100.

Sorry to disappoint you:

Sir Terrance Allan ‘Spike’ Milligan
16th April 1918 - 27th February 2002

http://www.catharton.com/authors/812.htm

Well Doggie!

I thought Buddy Ebsen had gone off onyond to the great Cement Pond in the sky, but a bit of a search sez that he is still kickin’, and is offering up a heapin’ helpin’ of bodacious folk art in his twilight years. Umm, and well…

I gotta soft spot for Buddy, he was the original slated Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz, and a swell nice guy. Lived down the street and was a friend of my grandparents, and took marine biology classes from my stepdad, cause he wanted to know what was going on underneath his boat. Hope he has many more fine years ahead…

Wooshed…explain, please.

Fidel Castro-he takes a lick and keeps on ticking, it seems!

(I mean, who hasn’t tried to kill him?)

No whooshing involved. Crick has been affiliated with the Salk Institute in La Jolla, California for a while.

masonite, yet I didn’t know about the Salk Institute, didn’t know if it was a joke or a fact.

Thanks for the explanation, though! :slight_smile:

yojimboguy beat me to the punch on Abe Vigoda. The guy looked old 30 years ago in The Godfather.

I was amazed to find that Billy Wilder was still alive until March of this year.

How about Olivia de Havilland? Is she still kickin’?

Mickey Rooney, too, for that matter - though he’s only in his eighties.

Olivia De Havilland is still alive and well, and so is her sister, Joan Fontaine—they still hate each other so much that each refuses to be the first to die.

I am no Buddy Ebsen fan—when Nancy (“Miz’ Jane”) Kulp ran for Congress years ago, Buddy took out ads against her, saying she was “too liberal.” P.S. She lost the election.

I have **Lady Bird Johnson, Katherine Hepburn, Max Schmeling and Bob Hope ** on my Dead Pool 2002 List. Not bragging, just stating facts.

Abe Vigoda has constantly amazed me being above ground.

Fay Wray (DOB: 9.15.07) is still around.

Penny Singleton ( Blondie in Dagwood & Blondie)

Simon Wiesenthal (nazi hunter is 92. I hope he lives 25 healthy years.)

Glen Ford, I thought he died in the 70’s, so he was added to my list.

These are all on my DP2002 list which is also known as THE GIFT OF LIFE.

How old is Dick Clark nowadays?

Is Kevin McCarthy still around?

Dick Clark’s still alive - he’ll be 73 in November. Kevin McCarthy is older than I thought - he’ll be 89 next February.

Umm, well, uh, that is milk, right?

Wow, Uncle Jed sure is talented. He paints, sings AND writes books. "…it’s like nothing you have ever read before. "
I’m tempted to believe it.

pogues

I would have sworn that Artie Shaw was dead. It’s a general rule that artists whose works are sold in my local gay-owned Old Fashioned Music and Bric-a-Brac shop are no longer alive.

I had started a discussion in Eve’s Leni Riefenstahl thread some time back about people who had done important work in the 1930’s and were still alive. Apart from Riefenstahl and Hepburn, Madame Chiang was mentioned. I was astonished she was alive.

Of the people mentioned above Olivia de Havilland is a bit of a surprise.

I don’t think any one has mentioned George Kennan, architect of America’s containment strategy during the 1940’s who is going strong in his 90’s. I learnt he was alive when he spoke out against Bush’s Iraq policy.