Performers whose offscreen persona ruins their work for you

tlw

Are you sure about that? I haven’t been able to find any references to them being members of the church of scientology. Isaac Hayes who plays Chef is but the creators have actually been somewhat critical of Scientology.

I have to agree with everyone who has mentioned Travolta. I like him in Get Shorty and Pulp Fiction but his status as a Scientologist creeps me out.

I hate Madonna but I can’t think of any one incident that would explain why.

Isaac Hayes? A $cientologist?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There is no joy in Muddville.

I Remember Andy Garcia apperaing in Miami proclaiming that Elian Gonzales should be allowed to decide where he should live. How old was the kid? 7? I remember I wanted a gun and a car at that age.

Cary Grant was GAY? Are you sure you’re not thinking of Rock Hudson?

:confused:

(not that there’s anything wrong with that, but, I’ve never heard that…)

Oh, and yojimboguy reminded me of someone else-Gloria Estefan. I used to like her music, but after seeing her down there campaigning for Elian’s wacko relatives…

As far as Jenna Elfman goes-those are the beliefs of $cientology, so she’s not alone…and I actually used to like her in the first season of Dharma and Greg.

Dooooh… That just ruined all things Jenna Elfman for me… Oh, well. I wasn’t much of a fan anyway,

“Cary Grant was GAY? Are you sure you’re not thinking of Rock Hudson?”

—Cary Grant may have been bisexual. He had several marriages and relationships with women, but there’s also evidence he had a long-term relationship with actor Randoilph Scott.
Back to the OP, painter Jacques-Louis David was hugely talented, but he also turned against his original sponsors, Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, and was one of the people who voted to have them executed. He also did a very nasty sketch of Marie on her way to the guillotine, and really kissed-up to Napoléon.

Not an actor but a sports celeb.

Charles Barlkley–I heard a story, never motivated enough to find out if it is true, that he engaged in a competition with a high school girl shooting free throws. If he lost he would go to her school and talk to the students, or something like that. I do not remember the rest of the story, but he lost and never upheld his end of the bargain. If the story is true then he is a mega-a**hole.

Liam yes Noel no.

I love all of Oasis’ work but I wont go and see them life because of Liam.
Some one needs to sit him down and tell him to act his age.

He makes himself look like an uneducated, layabout, yob. He gives all people living in Manchester and a bad reputation. He is the example my friends give when doing the old ‘Northerners are stupid and our ruining this country’ argument with me just because they know how much he annoys me!

Noel on the other hand is the talented song writer behind the band who is constantly trying his hardest to hold the group together, when it seems Liam is attempting to do the exact opposite. If only Noel could do all the singing and Liam could go and fester in a dogdy bedsit somewhere on his own!

“You’d do it for Randolph Scott!”

Sigh - I’ll never hear that quote the same way again… :smiley:
Ob OP Answer:
I’ll have to agree with Alec Baldwin belonging on this list – I wasn’t a fan of Bush either, but the “move to Canada” quote was stoopid.

Huh. Well I’ll be damned. I never knew that!
While I have never seen anything he was in, any movie that features Ronald Reagan would probably have me blowing chunks.