Pharmacists, drug law lawyers--can you please help with a question?

[DISCLAIMER: This is not an attempt to obtain restricted drugs illegally, but a question of law concerning prescription forms in California. However, I understand the sensitivity relating to such material on a messageboard, so if this question is deemed inappropriate, please accept my apologies and lock the thread.]

Yesterday our doctor wrote out a prescription for Dilaudid, a Schedule II controlled substance, for my wife. I noticed the prescription blank wasn’t the usual form, not having the checkboxes at the bottom for the quantity ranges, but it is a secure form and not the plain white ones they use for everyday scripts. It looks like it may be a computer generated blank, in which case the law is a little less strict with regard to the required security features (CA H&C 11162.1), but as I read the law it does not exempt computer generated forms from having the serial number, which I don’t see on the script, or from having the watermark “CALIFORNIA SECURITY PRESCRIPTION” on the back, which I think I can barely make out but am not sure. There is a description of security features, as stipulated, and a circle where the dispenser is supposed to rub a coin to verify that it’s original. I can faintly see the word VALID in this circle.

The script also does not bear the patient’s address, which is normally expected for Schedule II scripts.

When I finally found a CVS pharmacy that had generic hydromorphone in the indicated strength, they refused to fill it because they said it was not the right prescription form for a controlled drug. By this time it early evening, but very fortunately our doctor happens to be the one in the practice who is on call this week. I had him paged, and he assured me the prescription form was correct, and that there is a new law that the pharmacist might not be aware of.

Can anyone tell me what law this is? I thought it might help when I go back and see the managing pharmacist today if I can say “Ah, but there’s a recent changed to H&C Code Section blah blah that allows this.” H&C 11162.1 sort of, kind of, seems to be it but I’m not sure.

Can anyone help clear this up before I go back to the pharmacy?

I’m in a bit of a hurry, so I don’t have time to read it thoroughly, but read the last seven sentences of this document (the end of page 13):

Patient’s address is required on CII scrips, but it is not required to be written by the doctor. Most CII scrips I see don’t have the patients address on it, so we have to write it on ourselves before we can file it.

I can’t help you with the rest of your question, since I work in Georgia, not California.

Is that different state to state, or a somewhat new law? When I was in college, every month I filled a script for 120 Addreall (CII), which IIRC didn’t have anything more then my name on them.
Nevermind, Walgreens probably just wrote it on themselves.