Photoshop elements help

I am trying to make an image like this:

Can someone point me in the right direction? I’m not sure what to call this sort of effect but that’s what I’m going for.

Thanks in advance :smiley:

You need a smoke element before you can do that. A separate image of smoke. Just google “smoke element” or something to find one.

Then you layer on a glow around the text, and blend in some random splodges at different opacities and layer modes.