Pick out a new last name for me!

Some interesting ones I’ve known:

I’m related to some Lawless folks
My speech and debate coach freshman year in high school was Mrs. Slaughter (she was so cooool)
Can’t forget Mayor Lovegrove
Adam StandingBear was a kid who disappeared when I was seven
You could go the DC comics route with some alliteration, like Lois Lane, Vicky Vale and…what was Peter Parker’s girlfriend’s name? It escapes me. So, Jennifer Jensen, Jennifer Jacobs, Jennifer James, Jennifer Jackson (that sounds better with Jenny though)

You could go ethnic and exotic:

Kawashima, Mbutaleze, Villalobos, Kalashnikov (that was (still around?) a Soviet-era gun maker).

There are several Johns in this town, from New Zealand, Northern Ireland. My nickname is Montana Jon. State names are pretty cool to have. How about Jennifer Rhode Island? Jennifer Washington? Jennifer Dakota!

Peter Parker’s girlfriend was named Mary-Jane Watson, IIRC. Watson is a fun last name. Either that or Holmes. You could always make up a middle name too, and create some teeny bopper icon sounding name like Jennifer Love Hewitt. Jennifer Six Robot.

Jennifer Andrews
Jennifer Burke
Jennifer Collins
Jennifer Davis
Jennifer Elwood
Jennifer Fellows
Jennifer Graham
Jennifer Holmes
Jennifer Ingerham
Jennifer James
Jennifer Kinders
Jennifer Livingston (I presume?)
Jennifer McLeod
Jennifer Nichols
Jennifer Onomotopaeia
Jennifer Pemberley
Jennifer Quentin
Jennifer Roberts
Jennifer Smith
Jennifer Thompson
Jennifer Underhill
Jennifer Van
Jennifer Woolworth
Jennifer Xema
Jennifer Yardley
Jennifer Zeeb

D’Oh! Mary Jane Watson. That girl belongs in a different comic book company! Why couldn’t they make her Mary Jane Majors?

X names

Jennifer X - slick, you can bring the X caps back into fashion!

Adams
Brooks
Cartwright
Dvorak
Eagan
Ford
Grant
Hawkins
Insley
Jones
Karley
Lopez
Matthews
Nicola
Orrin
Peters
Quentin
Rogers
Scott
Taylor
Underwood
Victors
Wentworth
Xavier
Youngblood
Zoe

If you take the last name Who you gotta play first base. You just gotta.

You could take the name Romanov. That could be fun.

Or you could go Classical. Try this on. “Hello, I’m Jennifer Augustus Caesar.”

Or Buttercup.

Tolkien has some good ones in Elvish.

Although whenever I say Jennifer the last name Morgan follows. This from the character in the 70s and 80s comic book called The Warlord in which I can tell you Jennifer kicked ass!

Romanov is cool, as is Kalashnikov (I’m a bit of a Russophile) but Kalashnikov isn’t such a good name for a pacifist! Alas, I live in an area with a lot of Russian immigrants and I think taking on any sort of Russian last name would wierd them all out.

My main goal is to have a name that is better than my friend Mike Nixon’s. How cool is it to be Mike Nixon?!?!

I really like Jennifer Six Robot. The “Six” makes Jennifer Robot stop sounding like “Peter Rabbit” or “Donald Duck”.

Keep them coming or else I’ll have to go through the rest of my life as “Jennifer Six Robot”!!!

I would suggest going for something high up in the alphabet, because it gets you up lists and so on.

That said, the suggestion of Jennifer Powers was lovely. Sort of wonderwomany.

I also like the surname Ravenscroft, I don’t know why.

Santana
Van Halen
Ramone
Jagger
Richards
McCartney
Lennon
Harrison
Starr
Townshend
Daltrey
Entwistle
Moon
Gallagher
Grohl
Mendel
Cuomo
Shiflett
Smear
Zander
Nielsen
Page
Plant
Bonham

Maybe you should change your first name, also. Jenny is a female donkey IIRC. :wink:
[sub] I’ve always had a preference for Prudence! :eek:

Hitler.

I’ve always been partial to the surname Carstairs, for no reason at all. Jennifer Carstairs.

Here’s a selection from my family tree:
Jennifer Alexander
Jennifer Barlow
Jennifer Barratt
Jennifer Brooks
Jennifer Chalmers
Jennifer Clapton
Jennifer Dunwoodie
Jennifer Emmerson
Jennifer Feeny
Jennifer Gibson
Jennifer Groombridge
Jennifer Hall
Jennifer Harvey
Jennifer Higginbottom
Jennifer Holt
Jennifer Howard
Jennifer Ikin
Jennifer Johnson
Jennifer Killean
Jennifer Lowery
Jennifer Lyons
Jennifer McGhee
Jennifer Morris
Jennifer Murphy
Jennifer Nolan
Jennifer Obourne
Jennifer Park
Jennifer Paterson
Jennifer Quinn*
Jennifer Robertson
Jennifer Rogers
Jennifer Smart
Jennifer Steel (or Steele)
Jennifer Taylor
Jennifer Tucker
Jennifer Turner
Jennifer Underwood*
Jennifer Veal
Jennifer White
Jennifer Wilton
Jennifer Wood
Jennifer Xander*
Jennifer Yardley*
Jennifer Zoble*

I’m altering my database at present so I don’t have the entire family tree at hand. I had to pick random names to fill the letters denoted with *

Well, it occurs to me that you may not want a name that causes everyone you meet to ask you where you got your name. Mankiller, while ultimately cool, would sentence you to a life of saying “No, I’m not Native American.” If you chose Robot, then you will always be saying “yes, I did make it up.”

But if that doesn’t bother you, then go for it.

I like Jennifer Six Robot.

(I wonder how many people would pronounce it “french:” Hello, may I speak to Miss Rah-bow?)

Jennifer St. John (just always liked the St. in a last name)
Jennifer Frost (always loved Emma Frost the White Queen in X-men comics)
Jennifer King (had a friend named Jennifer King, thought it was cool)
I like a one syllable last name with Jennifer (since it has 3).

I don’t know, “Six Robot” sounds a little too much like “Sex Robot” to me. Instant unwanted attention magnet.

Some cool names I’ve come across:

Acquafredda
Bacchus
Bevilacqua
Entwife (she borrowed it from Tolkien)
Kreuzenstein
Forget - pronounced “for-ZHAY”, but it’s a name you’ll probably always remember.
McPuppyDoggue - part of my late lamented Boston’s full name.

Well, since I’m at the office, let’s see what sort of funky surnames I can find in the FAA… these are all actual names taken from the general mailing list.

Abeywarna
Acquistapace
Advincula (Blah blah, I am Count Advincula!)
Ajifu
Babachicos
BadHorse
Baltimore
Bellopede
Benevenuto
Cabalbag
Cadwallader (Verlin Cadwallader… whoa.)
Cajigas
Cecil (of course!)
Ceithaml
Cervantes
Chaproniere
Cheeseman
Dmytriw
Drinkall

sigh… there are too many damn people here. I’m going to throw in a couple Q, W, X, Y, and Z names and have done with it.

Wauahdooah
Weatherman
Wegrzyn
Quackenbush
Quaglio
Qualiardi
Quaranta
Queppet
Quiaot (add an ‘e’ and you have all five!)
Quiocson
Xhema
Yackle
Yopchick
Yvellez
Zink
Zollicoffer
Zschiesche
Zub
Zywokarte

And the one guaranteed to get you at the end of any list:

Zyzys.

Have fun. Personally I think you should go with Wauadooah or Quiaot, but I think the person who provides the name you select should be rewarded by being told the name you’re changing from.

May I say that I happen to LIKE your present last name and think it’s very pretty and it would be too bad if you felt you had to change it because of the actions of another. Not all THAT awful of actions, too? It’s not like it’s Bin Laden or anything.

Why don’t you just bitch slap the next teacher who gives you shit? It’s a lot cheaper than changing your name. And, as I said before, if you plan on marrying and changing your last name to match your husband’s your last name will go away and with it the jokes. Plus, those jokes are getting to be ten years old. People will forget, despite the occasional pathetic gameshow appearance of your co-named.

Here you go. Right from the phone book.

Arlisle
	Benton
	Caine	
	Delois
	Erman
	Foxx
	Glover
	Hayward, Hayes
	Icehart
	Justeene
	Kaelin
	Lange
	Maitlen
	Nallin
	Odette
	Pentall
	Quest
	Rainsdell
	Sammons
	Tallon
	Uhle
	Vallon
	Whilles
	Xanden
	Yarnall
	Zandell

How 'bout “Vegas?” It has a certain starlike cachet to it. Viva Jennifer Vegas.

I like ‘Youngblood’ and ‘Revenscroft’.
I also like ‘Taiga.’

What do you want the name to say? I mean what do you really believe in? What are the things that you wont compromise on? Find a word that sums it up and then transalate it into french or latin or something.

Or you can search mythology. How about ‘Meixi’? Meixi was a woman who was sent to a Chinese warlord as a peace offering (supposedly). To cut a long story short she seduced him, gave hime really bad advice, kept him drunk and happy all the time while he neglected his duties and ultimately lead to him losing his entire kingdom. Just as his enemies were closing in she revealed that this had been her plan the entire time, just before she escaped.

Cool hey?

How about Jennifer McPain!

Has a nice ring to it

Poppins