Pickapeppa sauce recipes wanted

I’ve only had Pickapeppa sauce at a restaurant, and it’s been a long time. But I picked up a small bottle at the market the other day, and would like some ideas about how to use it. I’d like to try something I can feed to my g/f, so it should be vegetarian or seafood. (She’s starting to eat deadpig, but only in small amounts.)

Here’s a basic NOLA (New Orleans) appetizer: Mix Pickapepper (from Jamaica), with cream cheese. Serve over crackers. Yumm!!!

I also love it on any type of bean dish. Pickapeppa rocks beyond most other hot sauces cause it has the sweetness of tamarind. Really ups tasty with bean dishes.

And,my own invention that I’ve seen: Pickapepper and peanut butter sandwiches, I add raw crushed garlic, too. A really good wake up !

I think many SD folks might not know Picapepper Sauce, and that’s a trajedy, because it is well different from other hot sauces. It’s a “sweet” hot sauce, and has different use that tomato based hot sauces, or tabasco types. here’s abit about it Plus, they still are based in NOLA, and that town needs every help it can get now.

I’ve used Pickapeppa in Bloody Mary’s instead of the Worchestershire sauce most people use. It’s different but really good. It is also a good addition to meatloaf. Usually tho I use it as a condiment than as something I cook with.

Use it instead of Worchestershire Sauce in Bourbon Pecans:
1 pound pecan halves
3 ounces bourbon, reduced by 1/2 to 3 tablespoons
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon Angostura bitters
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or Pickapeppa Sauce)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large pan with boiling water, blance the pecans for one minute; remove from heat and drain in a colander. In a small bowl, combine the reduced bourbon, sugar, Angostura bitters, Worcestershire sauce, and vegetable oil.

In a large bowl, place the still hot nuts and toss with the bourbon mixture. Let stand 10 minutes and then spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for approximately 30 to 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. When nuts are crisp and lightly brown and the liquid has evaporated, remove from oven and place into a large bowl.

In a small bowl, combine the cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and cumin. Sprinkle over the nuts while tossing. Place on a sheet pan to cool in a single layer. Store in an airtight container.

Makes 4 cups.

Woof! That’s some good eatin’!

Heh. The recipe page has the cream cheese and the bloody Mary – and that’s it. Any ideas for something that is cooked?

I had this at a Memorial Day barbecue: Large shrimp/prawns with a piece of Havarti inside, and wrapped with bacon. Brushed with BBQ sauce and grilled. Might be good with Pickapeppa.

I found this. Seems easy enough. I wonder how a fish kebab variation would taste?

Assuming she eats eggs, you could make her a nice breakfast. My boyfriend will lightly fry eggs so that the yolk is still runny and then put Pickapeppa over them. You can eat the eggs on toast or not, but either way, it’s good eats. You could serve this with veggie bacon or sausage, hash browns (if not making toast), and a fruit medley. Take it from me: this meal is worth a million billion boyfriend points, especially if you don’t overcook the yolks.

Well, we’re not to the point yet where I’d be making breakfast for her. We’re still at the ‘Do you want to go out for breakfast tomorrow?’ stage. (Also, she likes her yolks solid.)

But I may try it myself.

You could make breakfast for dinner, then. I had that myself last night, courtesy of the SO. Yum!