Pink Panther Cartoons

Does the SD remember the Pink Panther cartoons? Entwined with these episodes was the Ant and Ant-Eater cartoons. Did they have names? IIRC, it was always “Ant” for the ant, and maybe nothing was ever mentioned for the ant-eater. What do you recall?

Running on flower power,
Jinx

‘Si. I mean, “Oui”. I mean… I don’t know what I mean.’

The credits at the IMDB only refer to them as The Ant and the Aardvark

They were known simply as the Ant and the Aardvark.

John Byner did both voices, the Jackie Mason impersonation done for the Aardvark being so good that many people were fooled into thinking it really was Mason doing the voice!

Yeah, I remember the old Pink Panther cartoons, but moreso the Inspector Clouseau intervals. I do recall the anteater and his strange accent, but little about the ant.

I liked the Tijuana Toads!
“Why do you always gets the womens?”

“Because I have what it tooks.”

“How do I get these … tooks?”

And didn’t the Ant speak in Dean Martin’s voice? It’s all coming back to me now!

It is funny - these were my absolute favorites as a kid, yet I have precious little specific recollection of them.
I remember that in later years they were accompanied by some “puppet” segments. I remember being frustrated when they changed the time it aired a couple of times.
And yeah, the ant had a Martinesque vibe.

I thought it was more like Bing Crosby. I haven’t thought about this cartoon in years. “Ent! Ent!”

As usual, Youtube.com has clips:

They have some Pink Panther too!

A couple of great theme songs in there, too. Mancini’s iconic “Pink Panther”, as well as his “A Shot In The Dark” for the Clouseau bits.

Can’t remember the other themes. Any good ones? More Mancini?

thwartme

I’ve seen the Pink Panther DVDs, but that was all they had on there was PP. But according to the ads they also have and Ant and the Ardvark DVD.

If you get Boomerang on your cable or sattelite system you can watch these cartoons. They air daily (though this week they are running day-long marathons of other cartoons each day of the week). I love the Ant and the Aardvark cartoons. It’s like the Roadrunner and the Coyote, except that they can talk.

Not to hijack, but what was the deal with the live-action kid driving off in the pink car at the end? Did he have a name, or purpose?

I remember the British safari hunter guy going after the Pink Panther. I grew up on these enough so that I was confused to no end when I learned what the original Pink Panther movies were.

I preferred Misterjaw & Catfish to The Ant & the Aardvark.

Gotcha!

Yes, I remember The Pink Panther and The Ant and The Aardvark. I even vaguely remember eating Pink Panther Cereal: if memory serves, it was like pink Frosted Flakes, and it wasn’t around for very long.

Do you have a cite for this? I purchased the complete Pink Panther cartoons DVD set when it came out, and heard nothing about this. I also find no mention of such a DVD on either Amazon.com or MGM’s official web site.

I just glanced down at the ads at the bottom of the page and…https://www.comickorner.com/product_info.php?products_id=451

That explains it…they’re pirated!